I wish I could tell you when I first started using Quicken to manage my personal finances. If I had to guess it was in the early 90s. While I am a long-time user, I do not purchase upgrades every single year. Typically I buy an upgrade every 2nd or 3rd year. So while I am unlikely to get the 2017 upgrade, it is only because I don’t get them every year. The new features are nice, just not a big enough change to get me to buy every year.
The 2017 editions are now available and I’ll be providing links to each of the products at Amazon. These links do earn me a very small commission if you use them to purchase.
What exactly is new in the 2017 editions? I’ve listed the two main things below. I’m sure there is a lot more, but these are the only two that the folks at Intuit have indicated in their promotional material.
- Get more power on the go with our improved mobile app, now with investment tracking, offline use and enhanced search*
- Enjoy a new look that’s easier to use and navigate
I always laugh when a major new feature is simply a new look. Really? In many cases that makes the upgrade harder to use at least in the beginning. I’ve never used their mobile app so maybe that is something for me to consider, though I’m not really sure how it would be helpful to me.
If you are already a Quicken user and you haven’t upgraded in a few years, it is definitely time to consider getting the upgrade. For those who aren’t using software to manage your finances, the perfect time to start is before the start of a new year. Links to each of the major flavors are listed below. You can choose to get either a disc or a download.
- Quicken Starter Edition 2017 Personal Finance & Budgeting Software
- Quicken Deluxe 2017 Personal Finance & Budgeting Software
- Quicken Premier 2017 Personal Finance & Budgeting Software
- Quicken Home & Business 2017 Personal Finance & Budgeting Software
- Quicken For Mac 2017 Personal & Budgeting Software