Mobile World Congress was held this past week and that’s means there are a lot of new items about phones and other mobile devices. There is also a huge update (free for all current users) for Windows 10 coming in the near future and Microsoft will offer more update options. Fossils, salty, cow urine and pineapple pizza also found their way into the headlines this week. Click on a headline to read the full story.
- Smartwatch showdown: best timepieces for your wrist
- Microsoft prepares to roll out new update options for Windows 10
- G6, G5 and 5G: Everything from Mobile World Congress press day
- Why the Smartwatch May Finally Take Off; or Not
- Samsung shows off a 5G router for the home
- WSJ: Next iPhone could do away with physical Home button, switch to USB-C
- Motorola picks Amazon’s Alexa as its voice assistant
- Steve Jobs: Get Rid Of The Crappy Stuff
- The promise of 5G is still years away
- Fossils reveal ancient “unknown” human in China
- Soon, you can buy gadgets that can self-destruct when stolen
- How Did English Get So Salty?
- Cow Urine Can Sell for More Than Milk in India
- Google’s YouTube TV: cord-cutters can watch how and when they want
- Canadian inventor of Hawaiian pizza defends pineapple after Iceland’s president disses fruit topping
- Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 Creators update builds inch closer to completion
- iPhones are much more unreliable than Android devices, claims report
The following two outages definitely caused us some grief the past couple of days. We’re sorry if any of you had issues reaching our sites. In situations like this, it can be out of our control.
- Amazon knocked AWS sites offline because of typo
- GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage
- No, you’re not crazy. Part of the internet broke
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.