If you haven’t already heard, CorelDRAW is now 20 years old. As part of the birthday celebration, Corel is doing a few things to commemorate it. Today two more things have been announced. The biggest news is the return of the CorelDRAW International Design Contest.
Those of you who have been using CorelDRAW for many years will no doubt remember the contest. Designers from worldwide would submit their best artwork in hopes of winning fame and prizes. The new contest is a little different, but the prizes offered are very nice.
There are six categories in which you can enter. You may only enter one piece of artwork in each category. The exception is the Academic category. If you enter in that category, you can not enter in other categories. Below are each of the categories with the descriptions provided by Corel for that category.
- Advertising & Marketing: Flyers, brochures, logos, signs and other designs related to advertising, marketing or point of purchase (POP)
- Promotional Items, Awards & Personalization: Designs to be used in the engraving, awards, dye sublimation and other related industries
- Vehicle Wraps: Designs to be used for car, truck, boat or other vehicle wraps
- Textile & Fashion Design: Designs for fashion, embroidery and direct-to-garment printing
- General Illustration & Fine Art: Artistic, creative and unique designs
- Academic: To enter this category, you must be able to prove that you attend an educational institution. You may submit entries from any of the categories listed above into the Academic category.
First, second and third place winners will be selected in each category and will win a very nice prize package designed for the category in which you win. So if you win the Vehicle Wraps category, your prize package is related to designing vehicle wraps.
Each of the six first prize winners will then compete for the grand prize of a $22,000 Roland VersaCAMM printer/cutter.
I know that I’ll be watching the results of the contest very closely as I’d like to feature some of the winning entries in a future version of my CorelDRAW Unleashed book. Find your best artwork and enter the contest now. You could be the winner walking away with the big (it is really big) prize!
A second announcement was also made. There is a special version of CorelDRAW box called the CorelDRAW Anniversary Edition. It includes CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 (the same version you may already have), a Wacom Intuos3 tablet and Corel Painter Sketch Pad. If you haven’t already gotten a copy of CorelDRAW X4, this may be the perfect chance for you to get a copy and much more. It is available as both a full version and an upgrade.