If you have been reading the blog for a while, you know that we added seven themed topics last summer. Each of those themes is tied to a specific day of the week and archived on the Web site. Those topics are Macro Monday, Tutorial Tuesday, Hump Day Hardware, Thursday Tip, Font Friday, Weekend Widget and Sunday Stock.
Having these topics has led to some great posts over the past seven months. The schedule also presents some limitations as there are things that I would like to cover that don’t fit into those topics. It also ties me down to a specific day of the week. For me, the worst is when I have writer’s block on a particular day’s topic.
To alleviate these issues, I have come with with eight new themed topics. They are not tied to any specific day of the week and they allow me to cover a new of other categories that will interest you. As I get ideas that fit the new themed topics, I’ll post them. It could be any day of the week and it will most likely replace the normal theme for that day. On days where I have a lot to say, there may be multiple posts.
Below are the eight new themes in no particular order and a brief description. Once I have started posting something for each theme, I’ll add an archive for the theme as I’ve done for the previous seven themes.
- Terrific Template: It could be a template useful for any of a number of industries. Basically it will be some sort of artwork that allows for some type of customization or personalization prior to output.
- Fab Fill: This will be some sort of a file that can be used as a fill in your projects.
- Pick Your Brain: I think this will be a fun topic. I’ll talk about something and give my opinion on it. But it is an area that raises questions with me and I want to hear your thoughts on it.
- Just For Fun: This is something that will hopefully provide us all with some fun.
- News of the Day: I get hundreds of press releases a week. Every now and then I think something will be of interest to you and will pass it along to you. Don’t worry, I’m not going to just repeat the press release.
- Good Book: I order a lot of books on various computer and design topics. Some of them are pretty good and I’d like to share the best with you.
- Super Site: When I find a good Web site that could be of use to you, I’ll share it.
- Dynamite Design: Admittedly I’m not the best designer in the world. That’s why I’m a writer. When I do come across a really cool design, I’ll discuss the design along with some information on how it was created.
If there are new themes that come to mind, I’ll add them to the list. Some of the themes will come in the next few days while others may not be covered for a while. I just want to make sure that I always have some good information to pass along each day!