Corel has announced the release of CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7. I know some users will immediately see a lower cost and get very excited. There are limitations to this release when compared with the full product. You can install this version on up to three computers in a household. It is NOT licensed for commercial use. So if there is business involved in any way at all, this is not the version for you.
If you want to use macros, this is not the version for you as it does not include support for VBA or VSTA. It only comes in a 32-bit version. PhotoZoom Pro 3 is not included. Some color management and print options are disabled. The following features are not in this version: Color Styles, Object Styles, Color Harmonies, QR codes, Planar Mask tool in Corel PHOTO-PAINT, color proofing option, Undo dockers, Universal Laser & Roland color palettes, the ability to create left & right master pages, and custom placeholder text. Some file formats are not supported: DXF/DWG, DC S, CGM, JPEG 2000, etc.
Sorry for all the disclaimers, but many users ask me if this is a better option for them. For most users, it is not the right option. For most users, the full CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 is the better choice.
New CorelDRAW® Home & Student Suite X7 Offers Professional-Quality Design Tools at an Affordable Price
Latest Release Helps Students and Hobbyists Enhance Their Design Skills
OTTAWA — August 27, 2014 — Corel’s Graphics Software group today released CorelDRAW® Home & Student Suite X7, the latest version of its Home & Student software package. With graphic design, illustration, tracing, photo-editing and web graphics capabilities, the suite offers a comprehensive design solution at an affordable price. As a non-commercial-use product, it helps students and hobbyists build a graphic-design career by giving them a starting point.
“Learning is one of the most important aspects of a designer’s career,” said Gérard Métrailler, Vice President, Product Management, CorelDRAW. “Our goal is to make sure the learning process is accessible to those entering the design world. With CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7, students and hobbyists have access to a comprehensive solution that allows them to practice and develop their skills, without the cost of a commercial design package.”
No matter what level of design experience a user has, they can express their unique creativity using this intuitive graphics software. This new version features advanced photo-editing tools, a redesigned user interface and powerful fill capabilities, all in an easy-to-learn environment. It creates a comfortable learning space for editing photos and creating reports, drawings, flyers, logos and more.
New and Enhanced Features in CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7:
- NEW Redesigned and Customizable Workspaces: Choose between Lite and Default workspaces, and customize the workspace to fit a specific workflow
- NEW Fountain Fills: Get total control over fills and transparency; create elliptical and rectangular fountain fills, control transparency within the individual colors of a fountain fill, repeat fills within objects and adjust a fill’s angle
- NEW Advanced Character Tools: Easily find and insert certain characters with the revamped Insert Character docker
- NEW Photo-Editing Tools in Corel® PHOTO-PAINT Home & Student: Create unique images with pressure-sensitive liquid tools (Smear, Attract and Twirl) and camera effects (Bokeh blur, Sepia Toning and Time Machine)
- NEW Alignment Guides: Position objects quickly and accurately with suggested alignments to nearby objects
- NEW High DPI Support: Get a consistent appearance across devices with high DPI monitors; the interface is easily adapted for touchscreen capability, making it compatible with the latest PCs, laptops and tablets
- NEW Multiple Document Interface: Work with and switch between numerous documents, across multiple monitors, in a tabbed view to streamline any project
- Built-in Content Exchange: Collaborate easily by sharing vector, bitmap and fountain fills with the community through this online repository, integrated with Corel® CONNECT
CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7 Includes:
- CorelDRAW® Home & Student X7: Intuitive vector illustration and page layout
- Corel® PHOTO-PAINT Home & Student X7: Powerful image editing
- Corel® PowerTRACE® X7: Accurate bitmap-to-vector tracing
- Corel® CAPTURE X7: Simple screen capture tool
- Corel® CONNECT: Instant content finder
CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7 also provides access to 1,300 high-quality and digital images, 100 high-resolution digital photos, 125 fonts, 75 photo frames, over 100 professionally designed templates, 100 fills, an Online Quick Start Guide, over 2 hours of training videos and much more.
For a full list of everything included in CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7 please visit www.coreldraw.com/homestudent.
Availability and Pricing
CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7 is now available and can be downloaded at www.coreldraw.com/homestudent. It is available for $129.99 USD.