Over the past few weeks, I’ve been suggesting parts for our “Dream Computer”. This is not an over-the-top computer that the average person can’t afford. This is a realistic configuration you can build for a reasonable amount of money that will deliver a great bang for the buck.
- Intel i7-4790K Processor Heartbeat of Computer and Users
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H Motherboard Perfect for i7-4790K CPU
- Increase Your Memory With Fast G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
- Adding the GTX 780 Video Card to Our Dream Computer
- Power Up Our Dream Computer With XFX Pro 1050W Power Supply
- Adding SSD, Mechanical and Blu-Ray Drives to Our Dream Computer
What is important in a case? Looks are nice, but they provide no functionality. You’ll want a case that makes it easy to install all of the components with room left over. Being able to route cables to keep everything inside neat is a big bonus. Since temperatures are important, you’ll want a case that provides excellent airflow over your components. Last, but not least, you want something affordable.
The NZXT Phantom 530 (in black) is currently selling for $129.99 at Amazon (red and white are also available). It meets or exceeds all of the qualifications listed above and it looks great under on or next to your desk!