About a year and a half ago, Corel released the ParticleShop plug-in. It brings the particle brush technology from Corel Painter to other image editors via the plug-in.
According to the product update, “ParticleShop 1.5 includes new brushes that generate continuous brushstrokes from discrete spots of color or speckles. With these brushes, you can achieve either a speckled, pointillist look or paint with thicker, more pronounced brushstrokes. Some variants have an ‘oily’ look and produce interesting smeary effects.” As this is an incremental release, it is available as a free update for all existing ParticleShop customers.
In addition to the brushes included with ParticleShop, additional brush packs are available for separate purchase. It works on both Mac and PC in the host applications listed below.
- Adobe Photoshop CS5, CS6, or CC 2014+
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® CS5, CS6, or CC 2014+
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and 14
- CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6+
- CorelDRAW® Technical Suite X7+
- Corel® PaintShop® Pro X6+
- Corel® AfterShot 3 and Corel AfterShot Pro 3