Welcome Ziggy, crypto scams, COVID misinformation, iOS 15, Windows 11, DNS failure, Intel comeback, Android 12 and snakes near a plane. The biggest worldwide news is the Olympics and that seemed to put a damper on news in the tech world. I’ve collected the biggest stories and listed them all below. Read the headlines and click for the full story.
If a discussed product is available on Amazon, a link to purchase at Amazon’s best price has been provided. Should you take advantage of these deals, we’ll receive a small commission from Amazon. Thank you in advance as these small amounts help us to keep providing you with great information.
- Samsung’s Family Hub fridge now comes with Alexa built-in
- Alexa finally gets a new name and voice: How to switch them up on your Amazon Echo
***** Get Echo Show 8 at Amazon *****
- How to turn off Google Assistant and improve your privacy
- Cryptocurrency pump-and-dump schemes: Everything you should know
- Avoid crowded public transportation with Google Maps’ new features. Here’s how
- iOS 15: Public beta, release date, new features and more about Apple’s new OS
- Enough with iOS 15 beta bugs. Here’s how to go back to iOS 14 right now
- How to split screen on a Mac in just a few clicks
- Windows 11 makes it easy to change your wallpaper. Here’s how
- Windows 11: Multitask like a champ with Snap Layouts and virtual desktops
- Best VPN for Windows
- Make way for Matter, the smart home’s would-be skeleton key
- New electronic paper displays brilliant colors
- Major websites taken down in widespread outage
- Large chunks of the internet went down due to a DNS issue
- Intel’s revised roadmap looks beyond 1 nanometer chips
- Intel details comeback plan to leapfrog chipmaking rivals by 2025
- Americans are really digging electrified vehicles as gas prices jump
- How to cool your home in a warming world
- Canon Patents ‘Clip-On’ Smartphone Camera with Magnetic Lenses
- iMessage envy? Psh. Google’s fancy Chat feature will soon be the default messaging platform on Android phones
- Samsung’s next phones will have scratch- and reflection-resistant cameras
- iOS 15 public beta: Download and install Apple’s latest software on your iPhone right now
- iOS 15 beta on iPhone: 3 things you absolutely need to know before you install
- Apple could signal new coronavirus, chip shortage troubles before iPhone 13 release
- Samsung confirms no new Note at Unpacked, but will bring S Pen to its foldables
- Android 12: Can your phone handle Google’s latest mobile OS?
- Robocalls still haven’t gone away, so here’s every method we know for stopping them
- iOS 15 makes FaceTime between Android and iPhone easy. Here’s how to try it now
- When Niagara Falls Ran Dry—Twice
- The Story Behind Turkey’s Pricey, Fairy-Tale Ghost Town
- When Americans Dreamed of Kitchen Computers
- Found: An 18th-Century Garden Folly Adorned With Teeth and Bones
- 12 Weird Lost-and-Found Items From Shipwrecks
- Why Argentina’s Pink Corfo Lagoon Is Unlike Nature’s Other Brightly Colored Lakes
- The Real Reason Water Polo Players Wear Those Caps
- US government sells ‘Pharma Bro’ Martin Shkreli’s one-off Wu-Tang Clan album
- 9 hidden Amazon perks other than Prime shipping and video that you can use now
- Charles Downing Lay, the Man Who Won an Olympic Medal for Town Planning
- 16 Famous Literary Characters Almost Named Something Else
- Why Do They Spray Water in the Olympic Diving Pool Between Dives?
- A San Francisco Airport Site Is Crawling With Snakes—And That’s a Good Thing
- Leftover Star Wars Sets: Buildings from the fictional planet of Tatooine still litter the Tunisian desert.
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Alexandre Debiève