Tetra dishwasher, mesh routers, digital legacy, vaccine requirements, time crystals, metaverse, Pixel 6, Swimply and firebows. Those are just a small sampling of what you’ll find in this week’s Tech News. The full list of headlines is below. Check them all out and click to read the full story.
- Amazon warns early-gen Kindle users their devices will soon lose internet access
- Facebook’s Ray-Ban smart glasses are coming: What to expect
- How to use the automatic responses on Ring Doorbells
***** Get Ring Video Doorbell 4 at Amazon *****
***** Get Certified Refurbished Ring Video Doorbell 2 at Amazon *****
- Best mesh routers for 2021
***** Get Google Nest Wifi – AC2200 – Mesh WiFi System at Amazon *****
***** Get Amazon eero Pro 6 tri-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 system at Amazon *****
***** Get NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System at Amazon *****
***** Get ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System at Amazon *****
- The Tetra countertop dishwasher could change the way you clean up dinner
- Data privacy: Find out what personal data Apple is keeping on you now
- Amazon hit with record $888M fine over GDPR violations
- Digital Legacy: How Apple’s new iOS 15 feature protects your data after you die
- The history of hacking ransoms and cryptocurrency
- Brand Phishing Report Q2 2021: Microsoft Continues Reign
- Zoom reaches $85 million settlement in privacy and ‘Zoombombing’ lawsuit
- Google to require vaccinations as Silicon Valley rethinks return-to-office policies
- Twitter closes San Francisco and New York offices amid climbing COVID-19 cases
- 6 Facts About the Delta Variant and COVID-19
- Microsoft to require COVID-19 vaccination proof for U.S. employees, vendors
- NYC to require proof of COVID vaccination for restaurants, gyms, theaters
- How to use the new and improved Microsoft Teams in Windows 11
- Windows 11 is the COVID-19 vaccine for your PC
- Hell froze over? Apple Maps caught up to Google Maps with iOS 15. Top features to know
- What I learned surrendering my life to algorithms
- Google’s ‘time crystals’ could be the greatest scientific achievement of our lifetimes
- How to own an electric car in a rented house
- Is It Bad to Leave Your Laptop Plugged In All the Time?
- It’s time to put the headphone jack behind us
- Amazon is offering $10 in credit for your palm print
- AT&T finalizes spinoff of DirecTV into its own company
- Microsoft, Facebook and everyone else are building the metaverse. Will you want to live there?
- What is the Difference Between a CCD and CMOS Camera Sensor?
- The iPhone feature we really, really want is finally coming
- Pixel 6 and 6 Pro: Google announces Tensor-powered phones
- He thought iPhone users were stupid. Then his Google Pixel stopped working
- iPhone 13 price: Apple’s latest flagship could cost less than the iPhone 12
- Apple May Be Testing Auto Lens Flare Removal for iPhone Photos
- 15 Unexplored Corners of the Earth
- Meet the Storm-Chasing Photographer Who Can Also Shoot Your Wedding
- What national coin shortage? Here’s the scoop on your quarters, dimes and nickels
- Swimply lets you swim in a stranger’s pool. It’s less weird than you think
- 5 smart ways to repel mosquitos this summer
- When Comic Books Sold Live Monkeys
- 10 Amazing Lighthouses You Can Rent
- Why Does Deodorant Have Two Caps?
- Archaeologists Are Seeing Cave Art in a New Light
- 20 Fascinating Facts About The Launch Of MTV
- Are There Lane Advantages in Olympic Track Races?
- Who Invented the Pencil?
- Meet ‘Firebows,’ the Flat, Rainbow-Like Stacks That Appear in Sunny Skies
- 8 Tips for Getting Gunk Out of Your Fingernails
- Does Your Cat Love You? Here’s What the Science Says
- Are These the Last Days of India’s Touring Tent Cinemas?
- The ‘Swell’ Job of Sorting Out New Zealand’s Unusual Earthquake Patterns
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Ramón Salinero