iPads, Oura, fitness trackers, data breaches, free N95 masks, Wordle, Windows 11, Bitcoin, iPhone, phishing and black diamond. Find new electronics, sharpen your skills, know what’s coming and much more with this week’s news. Check out all the headlines below and click on a headline for the full story.
- iPad Pro, Air 2022 rumor roundup: What to expect, and should you wait?
- Best iPad for 2022
***** Get 2021 Apple 10.2-inch iPad at Amazon *****
***** Get 2021 Apple iPad Mini at Amazon *****
***** Get 2021 Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro at Amazon *****
***** Get 2020 Apple iPad Air at Amazon *****
- Oura’s third-generation Ring is more powerful, but not for everybody
- Casio made a super fun singing keyboard
- Google’s long-rumored smartwatch could arrive on May 26th
- Fitness trackers are getting more personal and more powerful in 2022 and beyond
- NVIDIA RTX 3050 review: A great $250 GPU (in theory)
- Doing your taxes? The IRS will soon require a video selfie to access your account
- Google sued by multiple states over how it handles your location data
- Data breaches break record in 2021
- Samsung built a fingerprint security chip for payment cards, employee IDs and more
- How to protect the privacy of your small business
- Android malware can factory-reset phones after draining bank accounts
- Discredited ‘mass formation psychosis’ theory spreads COVID misinformation
- Free N95 masks are en route to pharmacies and supermarkets. Here’s how to get yours
- Fake COVID-test emails are scams to steal your credit card info
- Travel and coronavirus: How I manage to stay safe
- Finished your Wordle today? Give these other word games a try
- How to cheat at Wordle if you’re a bad person and want to ruin everything
- How to run Windows on your Mac computer
- Chrome tries new ad-targeting technology after privacy backlash
- Windows 11 is adding Android apps next month
- Apple fixes major bugs in iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and watchOS software updates
- 6 Alexa settings you’ll want to change ASAP
- Returning online buys to Amazon, Walmart and your favorite brands causes problems
- Intel buys the industry’s first next-gen chipmaking tool to try to reclaim lead
- Consumer Reports now rewards driver monitoring, but only Ford and GM pass muster
- PS5: 8 tricks to get the most out of your PlayStation 5
- Intel’s $100B Ohio ‘megafab’ could become world’s largest chip plant
- Apple is preparing its ‘widest array’ of new products for this fall, report says
- AT&T fiber internet speeds get a huge boost with multi-gig plans starting at $110 per month
- Meta has a giant new AI supercomputer to shape the metaverse
- Bitcoin at roughly half its peak as crypto markets tumble
- NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope reaches its final cosmic destination
- From 4K to UHD to 1080p: What you should know about TV resolutions
- How to boost your internet speed for streaming Netflix, Hulu and more
- Stop putting your Amazon Echo in these 4 places
- Make your iPhone run its best by changing these iOS 15 settings
- Apple may reveal its biggest sales quarter ever. How much larger can the iPhone get?
Each week we’ll share a meme that we find thought provoking or just plain funny.
- Inside the Years-Long, International Effort to Save One Tiny Mexican Fish
- Will the Gates of Hell Be Closed Forever?
- The 25 Greatest Horror Comedies of All Time
- Why Are Online Scams Called ‘Phishing’?
- The Enigma, a 555-Carat Black Diamond That’s Said to Be From Outer Space, Is Hitting the Auction Block
- Neil Young threatens to quit Spotify over Joe Rogan vaccine misinformation
- Spotify will remove Neil Young music following Joe Rogan dispute
- How an Apartment Balcony Became One of Italy’s Best-Known Stages
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Uriel Soberanes