A big nasty bug his MacOS this week and a fix was out soon afterwards. Bitcoin prices are still going crazy, why? Alexa is everywhere, even in the office. These are just a few of this week’s headlines, click on the headlines below to get the whole story.
- The PC BIOS will be killed off by 2020 as Intel plans move to pure UEFI
- Stupid, stupid MacOS security flaw grants admin access to anyone
- Fix for Apple’s MacOS root password flaw is here
- The Famous Easter Island Heads Have Hidden Bodies
- Amazon is putting Alexa in the office
- One Thanksgiving Won’t Make You Obese. Twenty Thanksgivings, Though…
- Facebook will identify what Russia-linked content you liked
- Stationhead allows anyone to become a streaming radio DJ, with live listener calls
- Microsoft says ASLR behavior in Windows 10 is a feature, not a bug
- How bitcoins became worth $10,000
- The languages that take the most (and least) time to learn, per the US Foreign Service
- Care for a Taste of the World’s First Tofu-Based Alcoholic Beverage?
- Comcast hints at plan for paid fast lanes after net neutrality repeal
- You Can Never Go Back: On Loving Children’s Books as an Adult
- Employees Smash Chuck E. Cheese’s Head With a Sledgehammer Once the Show Is Over
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.