After pruning a Potentilla Goldfinger plant, I noticed some of the stems, leaves and flowers looked very healthy. They became good candidates for a Photo-PAINT Image List.
To use it, download it here. (I tweaked it: latest file version is Ã¢â‚¬Å½October-Ã¢â‚¬Å½04-Ã¢â‚¬Å½2010, Ã¢â‚¬ÂÃ¢â‚¬Å½2:28:48 PM)
This is a low-res 2.2 MB version, but still has good detail for most needs. The original is about 18 MB!
1. Open Photo-PAINT
2. For a test, make a new file: 1000 pixels wide by 800 pixels tall.
3. press the “I” key and then press the folder icon on the property bar.
4. select the shrub-low-res.cpt file downloaded from the link mentioned before. You’ll be prompted with a dialog, set to these values:
5. Set the property bar values to those shown below.
6. paint back and forth across the page from top to bottom.
Here’s an example of brushing a few rows at the top of the image, then increasing the nib size as I went down the screen every few rows. I started with a nib size of about 200. The goal is to simulate perspective. Click on it for a larger version.