Tileable Texture Example
Here’s a tileable texture I built from scratch in Photo-PAINT X4. Maybe you can use it somewhere…
The bump map effect in Photo-PAINT X5 is still broken after SP2…Hopefully Corel fixes this once and for all, it was broken in X3 for a period too. It’s the effect that created the panel look below.
To check for how it tiles, bring into CorelDRAW and tile it with the method you like most ( there are several ways to do it.. I sometimes use the move & duplicate maneuver).
CorelDraw has a step and repeat docker (under the edit menu), but it’s kind of a pain if you ask me.
Instead, I use the shaping macro to tiles textures like this ultra-fast, and without worrying about numbers for distances. Notice that I convert to a new bitmap at the the same DPI as the original tile.
You May Also Like…
A user in the CorelDRAW forums asked how to make the scroll section. First, I'd tried to straighten out the graphic (somewhat) from the the original image provided. Then I'd proceeded through the numbered steps. I ended up drawing the curled end...
Jeff Harrison is a media "Jack-of-all-trades", familiar with most of the major media applications on the Windows platform. Whether it's 2D/print, 3D, audio, video, or web-related - he's working on mastering everything that comes his way. He's a past Alpha and Beta tester for Corel, and has instructed students from all over the world. He runs the popular MacroMonster.com site, the #1 place for CorelDRAW macros. Also check out his youtube page, and his gallery at coreldraw.com.
Web Design Blog
- Web Design Solutions Digest for November 28, 2023
- Web Design Solutions Digest for November 21, 2023
- Web Design Solutions Digest for November 14, 2023
- Web Design Solutions Digest for November 7, 2023
- Web Design Solutions Digest for October 31, 2023
- Web Design Solutions Digest for October 24, 2023
- Web Design Solutions Digest for October 17, 2023
- Web Design Solutions Digest for October 10, 2023