I’ve put together a fairly long list of news items this week on a wide variety of tech-related subjects. There are also a couple of fun ones thrown in there that you may enjoy.
- You’re loyal to Starbucks, but is Starbucks loyal to you?
- 7 Businesses That Are Doing Instagram Marketing The Right Way
- On Facebook gunning to go “all video”
- Russia aims to develop ‘teleportation’ in 20 years
- How to get kids outside with tech, from drones to geocaching
- Google will reportedly release its own phone this year
- Woman wins $10,000 judgment against Microsoft for forced Windows 10 upgrade
- Facebook’s testing a cleaner new Business Page layout with smaller profile picture and prominent CTA button
- Advertisers court YouTube ‘influencers’ with money, taco selfies
- Evernote tweaks features in free plan and raises prices in paid ones
- Google Maps and Google Earth Just Got a High Res Update
- Giving low-fat chocolate a jolt allows it to flow
- Facebook puts friends above publishers in “News Feed Values” and ranking change
- Red Cross apologizes and removes controversial racist pool poster
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update coming August 2 for 350 million Windows 10 users
- Facebook’s Launching a Re-Designed Like Button and New Chrome Apps to Boost Engagement
- 5,000-year-old pay stub shows that ancient workers were paid in beer
- Florida man sues Apple for $10B over iPhone’s design
- Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are now for sale unlocked in the US
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.