This week’s headlines were dominated by the announcement of the latest iPhones and the lack of a headphone jack. We’ll see if this was a huge mistake or a genius move for Apple. Samsung had a costly problem with their new phones. Amazon also has a new tablet, but it didn’t make as much noise as the phone news of the week. Twitter wants to pay video creators and they are also looking into their own big payday. Those plus flying burritos and burnt bacon. Look through each of the articles listed below and get caught up on the news of the week.
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 recall could cost the company $1B
- Twitter will let any US video creator make money now
- Twitter takeover rumors swirl again
- Google patent: Driverless cars would detect police lights, pull over
- Spotify and the future of passwords
- From protests to powerhouse: Facebook News Feed turns 10
- Up close with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Trying out Apple’s fully wireless AirPods
- Belkin—not Apple—comes to the rescue with an iPhone 7 headphone-and-charge dongle
- Amazon’s new, improved Fire HD 8 tablet is even cheaper and will soon add Alexa
- Extra crispy bacon, ribs: Truck carrying pork catches fire
- Apple Watch Series 2: A smartwatch that appeals to the serious athlete
- Apple launches iPhone 7: A bridge device for 10-year anniversary iPhone in 2017?
- Google’s Alphabet Wing drones will deliver burritos to students at Virginia Tech University
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.