The news about Samsung’s faulty Note 7 continues and a new contender from Google becomes a potential replacement. Technology to make mobile devices far faster could be in the works. Are gigs good for the economy? Are tablets bad for football? What is the perfect dish to eat while watching TV? Domain names are evolving as are video game consoles. A pioneer of tech media is remembered. All this and more is contained in this week’s tech news. Click on the headlines below to read the full stories.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7’s faulty batteries tested in-house
- Online ‘gig economy’ platforms like Uber could boost world economies: study
- What to Eat While Watching Your Favorite Fall TV Shows
- Review: Google Pixel
- Bill Belichick rants against NFL tablets: ‘I’m done’
- The Google Pixel XL is Android’s best ambassador
- Say hello to .google and other branded internet addresses
- World’s first 5G chip will take future phones supersonic
- Google reportedly signs CBS for web TV service
- Remembering David Bunnell (1947-2016), The Maverick Who Helped Invent Tech Media
- This is Nintendo’s next video game console
- Microsoft cloud annualized run rate hits $13bn in strong first quarter
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.