I don’t think there was any more news this week than in a normal week, but more headlines caught my eye than in a normal week. Should you use a PC or a Mac? There are a couple of stories on that subject. Chicken nuggets and Whoppers are in there too. Privacy concerns, hacks and an interesting way to feed your dog are also featured. It is definitely a wide range of news so click on the headlines below to get the full story.
- $5,660 Mac Pro Crushed in Photoshop Test by $1,530 PC with AMD Ryzen
- Facebook adds new features to Instant Articles to encourage email sign-ups and Page Likes
- Tesla shows off a new Panasonic-made low-profile residential solar panel
- How I made my own VPN server in 15 minutes
- Booby-trapped Word documents in the wild exploit critical Microsoft 0day
- A 1986 bulletin board system has brought the old Web back to life in 2017
- Do you trust your cable company to run your cell-phone service?
- Wooly Snuffle Mat – Feeding Mat for Dogs
- How I added four hours of battery life to my smartphone every day for free
- Galaxy S8 won’t launch with Samsung’s Bixby voice assistant
- Is Your Router Helping Criminals Attack WordPress Sites?
- GoPro Announces First Camera Trade-Up Offer to Speed Up HERO5 Sales
- Burger King hijacks the Google Assistant, gets shut down by Google
- Samsung’s new voice assistant won’t understand English when Galaxy S8 launches
- Why a VPN Might Not Be the Answer to Your Privacy Concerns
- DJI’s new Phantom 4 Advanced makes their lineup even more confusing
- Farewell, NES Classic Edition
- Fighting fake news: Google ‘Fact Check’ label expanded to search, Google News worldwide
- Why New Foods Taste Better on Vacation
- Five reasons to get a 4K laptop and one big reason to stay away
- That Chicken Nugget Tweet Is On Course To Become The Most Retweeted Of All Time
- What the Samsung Galaxy S8 means for the Note 8
- Is it time for high-end pros to dump the Mac?
- YouTube will no longer allow creators to make money until they reach 10,000 views
- Google’s new drawing app can turn your terrible sketches into works of art
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.