It seems like every week is full of news on the latest and greatest phones as well as what may be coming in the future. This week is no different. Fake news made it onto Google thanks to a bot error. Facebook has a new tool to fight fake news. All that and a lot more are covered in this week’s Tech News. Click on the headlines below to get the full story.
- 5 Reasons To Buy Google’s Pixel 2 XL Over Apple’s iPhone X
- 2017 Finalists: Best Illusion of the Year Contest
- Alphabet Closer To Using Balloons For Telecom In Puerto Rico
- AOL’s AIM sets its away message… permanently
- PSA: Don’t share your old AIM screen name
- Fully driverless cars could be months away
- Pixel 2’s squeezable sides come with a catch
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know Had Names
- iPhone 8 review: An excellent phone forced to the shadows by iPhone X
- Facebook adds a new tool to fight fake news: context
- Dow Jones said that Google was buying Apple, and the bots bought it
- Handy Hot Sauce Chart Lets You Know When ‘Hot’ Is ‘Too Hot’
- Intel moves towards production quantum computing with new 17-qubit chip
- RIP Windows Phone: Microsoft officially pulls plug
- Butt dials, pocket dials: why these accidental ‘hellos’ just won’t stop
- Apple And Google Should Be Worried About Samsung’s Galaxy X
- There Never Were 57 Varieties of Heinz Ketchup
- Digital detoxing is a thing. Really
- How to switch from iPhone to Android, on Samsung, Pixel and more
- 9 Animals That Use Electricity
- These are the new emojis coming to iPhones and iPads
- How to stop ads from following you online
- Kaspersky reportedly modified its AV to help Russia steal NSA secrets
- Amazon Alexa devices can finally distinguish between different voices
- You’re going to be eating crickets, so just get over it
- Amazon introduces a waterproof Kindle Oasis with a seven-inch screen and Audible playback
- DJI’s new interchangeable lens drone camera takes aim at film makers
- How Charlie Chaplin’s Wife Saved His Backyard Fortune
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Today is a big milestone birthday for a well-known rock and roller. A very happy 70th birthday to the Red Rocker, Sammy Hagar!
Foster D. Coburn III is author of 13 best-selling books on CorelDRAW and has been a contributor to numerous technology and graphics-related magazines. Foster has taken many projects, including this Web site, from the early design stage through to a finished piece. He has been a featured speaker at many graphics conferences. His first Web site was built in 1995 and he has been working exclusively in WordPress since 2013.