Sometimes technology can bite back and that happened to us this week. We moved the Graphics Unleashed blog to a new Web server and all went well. The last step of the process is to move the name, graphics-unleashed.com, from the old server to the new one. Something went horribly wrong and it took nearly two days for something that normally takes two minutes or less.
This meant that some of you may have seen a scary privacy or security warning if you visited during the downtime. There was nothing insecure and no privacy issue, it is just the generic scary message from your browser. Heck, we actually increased the security as part of the process. Now that everything is moved, the site should perform better than in the past thanks to the new server. We’ve got some other changes we’ll make now that the site is on the new server. Barring another ghost in the machine, those changes should all happen without any disruption.
Now, let’s get to the other tech news of the week. Some of the top headlines are listed below. Click on a headline to get the full story.
- 11 reasons why KFC is the best at Twitter
- KFC Quietly Followed 11 Herbs and Spices on Twitter, Then Waited to See If Anyone Would Notice
- Microsoft’s Windows 10 Fall Creators Update rollout: A progress report
- An Online Trove of Historic Sewing Patterns & Costumes
- New Galaxy X Leaks Highlight Three Serious Problems
- Stephen Hawking’s PhD Thesis Goes Online, Crashing Internet Servers
- The Comic Sans Index: What Kind of Fonts Do Americans Use?
- McDonald’s offers to lock up your smartphone for more family time
- Hong Kong Has No Space Left for the Dead
- Google’s parent sends Internet balloons to reconnect Puerto Rico cell phones
- Still stalking Bigfoot 50 years after the beast went big
- Amazon Echo Plus review: You’ll probably want the standard Echo instead
- Should you buy the new Amazon Echo? I tried it to find out
- Scientists Created Low-Fat Pigs by Editing Their Genes With CRISPR
- Dogs have pet facial expressions to use on humans, study finds
- The Nik Collection Gets a Potential New Life
- Behold the Winners of the 280-Character Story Contest
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.