It has been an interesting week for me as I’ve met quite a few members of race teams involved in the Baja 1000. By the time you read this, the winner will have crossed the finish line. I’ve just loved getting to see some of the race vehicles up close in the neighborhood.
Meanwhile, a lot has happened in the tech world this week and I’ve included some of the top headlines below. Click on the links and read all the news.
- Bill Gates firm puts $80 million behind ‘smart city’ in Arizona
- 2017 Finalists in Comedy Wildlife Photography Competition
- 7 things we hope to see in the new Star Wars saga
- How to Hire Fake Friends and Family
- No more Uber, Hertz, or even car owners: How Amazon and Apple will take us all for a ride
- Who’s Sitting Next to You on the Subway? On an R Train in September, We Asked.
- Robocalls are attacking our phones
- How Facebook Figures Out Everyone You’ve Ever Met
- New Jersey Diner Adds ‘Teen Tax’ Because Kids Are Bad Tippers
- OnePlus 5T ($499) is capable iPhone rival at half the price
- Daytime injuries heal twice as fast as wounds sustained at night
- How Great Art Can Make You a Little Crazy
- Firefox’s big-bang update brings you speed and a new look
- What’s an SSL port? A technical guide for HTTPS
- 11 Beloved Movies That Were Box Office Flops
- Why Don’t We Eat Turkey Eggs?
- Royal Caribbean’s high-tech ship lets you be lazier than ever
- Port St. Lucie man charged with DUI while driving lawn mower
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.