I encourage you all to read the first three stories linked below as they explain how people are buying fake followers on Twitter and the fallout from it. Even if you are not a Twitter user, it is important to understand this shady industry and why people are doing it. This includes many names you will recognize!
- The Follower Factory: Everyone wants to be popular online. Some even pay for it. Inside social media’s black market.
- Concerns over ID theft and fake Twitter followers lead to New York State probe
- Twitter Followers Vanish Amid Inquiries Into Fake Accounts
eBay and PayPal have reached the financial stage of their divorce. Bezos, Buffett and Dimon are going to try to fix US healthcare. iPhone features are great? Or maybe they are awful? These and many more are covered in this week’s tech news. Click on the headlines below for the full stories.
- Tesla Semi spotted driving on public roads
- Florida is the worst state in the nation in every way, new rankings say
- Prize camels keep tradition alive in changing Saudi, but please no Botox!
- Ditch Your Smartphone Keyboard For GBoard – I installed this and absolutely love it!
- Why Menu Translations Go Terribly Wrong
- The Extinction of the Early Bird
- How publishers will survive Facebook’s newsfeed change
- DJI Mavic Air review – Order DJI Mavic Air today!
- How the Fake but Really Cool Computers in Movies Get Made
- The First Ice Skates Weren’t for Jumps and Twirls—They Were for Getting Around
- iPhone X: The five worst features in Apple’s best phone
- iPhone X: Five things I absolutely love
- iPhone X vs. Galaxy Note 8 camera shootout
- Decipher a year of hand-drawn instructions
- Huawei loses another carrier deal as spying fears impede its US growth
- Nutella ‘riots’ spread across French supermarkets
- You can now use Alexa to send SMS messages to your friends
- 4 ways Amazon-Berkshire-JPMorgan deal could shake up health care
- Amazon makes health care costs its next world to conquer
- How to Manage Your Privacy on Fitness Apps
- Microsoft issues emergency Windows update to disable Intel’s buggy Spectre fixes
- Facebook to launch privacy center ahead of EU regulations
- Google tweaks search snippets to try to stop serving wrong, stupid and biased answers
- TimeFlip is a time-tracking gadget simple enough that I might actually use it
- Samsung topples Intel to become the world’s largest chipmaker
- Pixel team is now in-house as Google closes $1.1 billion HTC deal
- Beyond Biohazard: Why Danger Symbols Can’t Last Forever
- So, what’s up with Amazon’s Alexa Super Bowl ad?
- eBay Sidelines PayPal By Penning Deal With New Payments Processor
- 20 YouTube Tricks, Hacks, and Features You’ll Want to Know About This Year
- 25 Words That Are Actually Acronyms
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.