I encourage you all to read the first three stories linked below as they explain how people are buying fake followers on Twitter and the fallout from it. Even if you are not a Twitter user, it is important to understand this shady industry and why people are doing it. This includes many names you will recognize!
- Amazon Keeps Sending Free Gifts to This Couple. They Are Not Happy
- Nest is being rolled into Google’s hardware team
- 46 tons of Mardi Gras beads found in clogged catch basins
- Is Amazon’s Alexa really always listening?
- Italian town Ollolai sells $1 homes to lure new residents
- Apple continues to dominate the tablet market as sales decline once again
- The first phone with a diamond screen will come in 2019
- What Not to Wear: The Deadliest Hats, Scarves, and Skirts in History
- Intel’s latest chip is designed for computing at the edge
- Twitter is suddenly making money and Wall Street likes it a whole lot
- Justice Dept. charges 36 alleged scammers for $530 million cyber-fraud scheme
- Why We Forget Most of the Books We Read
- SpaceX’s historic Falcon Heavy successfully launches
- The Falcon Heavy flies, and Elon Musk is ready for the next big thing
- Floating through space, SpaceX’s ‘Starman’ mesmerizes the world
- Elon Musk shares the ‘last pic’ of ‘Starman’ on his journey into outer space
- 2,000 Days on Mars With the Curiosity Rover
- Powerball jackpot winner’s ‘huge mistake’: She signed the ticket
- Facebook limiting status updates in news feed to 25 friends? That’s a hoax, pass it on
- Wireless charging is meh, but it’s going to get way better
- Flat screen legend: Agnès Varda sends cardboard cutout to Oscar nominees lunch
- The First Girl Scout Cookie Was Surprisingly Boring
With all of the fanfare for “Starman” this week, it is only right to end the post with the video for David Bowie’s Space Oddity as it is the inspiration for Starman.
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Products from Amazon.com