Facebook has been all over the news in the past week for the huge theft of data by Cambridge Analytica. I’ve grouped an entire set of headlines all about Facebook and this hack so you can get up-to-date on it. Personally, I will not stop or even slow my Facebook usage for personal or business reasons. The biggest thing you can do to protect yourself is to not take silly quizzes and do not share questionable content where you don’t directly know the author. If my Facebook friends do “stupid stuff,” there is a good chance I’ll unfriend them to protect myself.
- Do you take Facebook quizzes? Cambridge Analytica mess shows your privacy is at risk
- Facebook’s Latest Controversy Could Fundamentally Change the Platform – and Social Media Itself
- As Facebook reels from ‘catastrophic moment’ in Cambridge Analytica crisis, Mark Zuckerberg is silent
- What Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg didn’t say — starting with, ‘I’m sorry.’
- Mark Zuckerberg Talks to Wired About Facebook’s Privacy Problem
- How Facebook Groups Are Being Exploited To Spread Misinformation, Plan Harassment, And Radicalize People
- Securing Facebook: Keep your data safe with these privacy settings
Bugs and pickle juice on the menu. New and less expensive tech toys. Roads, teeth, hackers, cloning, logos, fake art and much more are covered in this week’s headlines. Click the headlines to read the full story.
- USA TODAY’s list of the biggest data breaches and hacks of all time
- When Dentures Used Real Human Teeth
- Android P’s killer photo feature won’t work on lower-end phones
- The 5 things you should do immediately if your phone is stolen
- America’s Loneliest Roads, Mapped
- Stephen Hawking tributes pour in: ‘Funny, perverse, brilliant’
- The rise of experiential commerce
- With great tech success, comes even greater responsibility
- Sony shrinks the 4K Blu-ray player | Get it on Amazon!
- Slashed to $60, Logitech’s Harmony Smart Control controls all the things | Get it on Amazon!
- Follow the arrow: Hidden designs in famous logos
- What We Learn From 50 Years of Kids Drawing Scientists
- The FBI Says It Can’t Find Hackers to Hire Because They All Smoke Pot
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn’t Clone Your Dog
- Some Retailers Are Holding Your Returns Against You
- Researchers finally solve mystery of ‘alien’ skeleton
- Why Is My Face Changing Shape as I Get Older?
- This $3 item will give you perfect cookies every time | Get Cooking Mat on Amazon!
- Instagram will show more recent posts due to algorithm backlash
- Firefox might wipe out annoying website pop-ups
- Biggest Fake Native American Art Conspiracy Revealed
- Here are 64 startups that launched today at Y Combinator’s W18 Demo Day 1
- The HTC Vive Just Got a Big Price Cut
- Sonic Will Roll Out Pickle Juice Slushes This Summer
- Ikea Has Been Quietly Working on Bug Meatballs and Beetle Burgers
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.