Many of my loyal readers are either current CorelDRAW users or you have been a CorelDRAW user at some point in the past. A new version was released this week so I’ll start out with links to two blog posts covering the new release. If you have moved to a Mac and were frustrated there isn’t a Mac version of CorelDRAW, you really should give these posts a look as there is now a native Mac version.
- CorelDRAW 2019 Released
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019 Powers Professional Graphic Design on Windows, Mac and Web
Pi Day is behind us and now we should beware the Ides of March. There was plenty of other news this week besides the CorelDRAW 2019 release. We talk about flights on time and those that are grounded and even a flight to Mars. Yes, Florida is well represented with some interesting headlines. Microsoft, Google, Apple and Samsung are also covered. Click on the headlines below to get the full story.
- calc.exe is now open source; there’s surprising depth in its ancient code
- If your flight’s on time, thank your ground crew
- Your landlord turns your apartment into a smart home. Now what?
- 11 Funniest Moments From This Is Spinal Tap
- Nintendo confirms Mario Kart Tour for smartphones, Switch Online launch window
- Selfie from 20,000 miles away: Israeli Beresheet snaps first space shot
- Galaxy S10: 8 tips and tricks to get the most out of the camera
- Beachfront wedding day fight lands Florida groom in jail
- Florida man reels in ‘super grouper’ at Port Canaveral
- ‘Florida Man Night,’ where one law will be broken per inning, is actually coming to a minor league ballpark
- Florida woman says demons made her steal rental car
- Only in Florida: Dancing camel spotted on Orlando expressway
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $24.96Was: $39.99
But Wait, There’s More…
- Facebook’s two-factor authentication puts security and privacy at odds
- NASA head says first person on Mars is ‘likely to be a woman’
- Google has quietly added DuckDuckGo as a search engine option for Chrome users in ~60 markets
- Alex Trebek resumes taping ‘Jeopardy!’ shows after cancer announcement
- Microsoft to start nagging users in April about the January 2020 Windows 7 end-of-support deadline
- What Makes a Waterfall? Maybe It Forms Itself
- Tim Berners-Lee still believes the web can be fixed, even today
- Boeing’s 737 Max 8: All about the aircraft, flight ban and investigations
- Elton John’s concert sounded better with these special headphones. Here’s why
- Lori Loughlin’s daughter Olivia Jade was aboard USC official’s yacht in Bahamas when mom was charged: reports
- HDMI vs. DisplayPort: Which is best for 4K, HD and gaming monitors?
- New Android adware found in 200 apps on Google Play
- A world of hurt after GoDaddy, Apple, and Google misissue >1 million certificates
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.