An out of this world Big Mac? Stones delayed and ABBA returns. Facebook proposes new services and faces more security issues. Apple fails at charging. Old color is new again. Crank up your music to 11! Yes Florida man fans, we’ve got you covered. These stories and many more are covered in this week’s Tech News headlines. Click on the headlines of interest to read the full story.
- RIP AirPower: Apple Kills its Elusive Wireless Charging Pad
- Apple’s worst failures of all time, from AirPower to Bendgate to the Newton
- The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is a fantastic beast of a phone
- iPhone XS Max vs. Galaxy S10 Plus: Which phone has the best camera?
- 3 ways the new Apple TV services will make cord cutting better
- Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook may pay publishers to put their stuff in a dedicated news section
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg wants internet regulation … as long as he can shape it
- Florida man in face-eating attack believed he was ‘half-man, half-dog,’ doctor says
- Florida man arrested for stealing nearly $6,000 worth of sunglasses
- Florida man stung over 100 times trying to save dog from bees
- Man sends Big Mac into space, takes a bite after retrieving it from soccer team’s training grounds
- The best and worst April Fools’ jokes from around the web
- Keith Richards, 75, goes shirtless as he enjoys a drink on the balcony after Rolling Stones postpone tour amid claims Mick Jagger has mystery illness
- Rolling Stones tour ‘to resume in July’
But Wait, There’s More…
- Got Amazon Prime? You just got 12 months of Nintendo Switch Online for free
- This is how fast Verizon’s 5G network is: Live testing now
- Swedish superstars ABBA: New song later this year
- ‘Super recognizer’ cops give facial recognition systems a run for their money
- Boeing delays 737 MAX software fix delivery
- Ford to offer hybrid and electric options in redesigned 2020 Escape SUV
- 14-year-old says he is boy who went missing in 2011 after mother left cryptic suicide note
- Tesla is rolling out new Atari games as part of its TeslAtari feature
- WhatsApp adds a new privacy setting for groups in another effort to clamp down on fake news
- Viral Twitter birth year prank will get you locked out of your account
- YouTube reportedly ignored extremism in order to boost engagement
- Yahoo spinout Altaba is selling its entire Alibaba stake and closing down
- Microsoft is making big Windows 10 update changes starting with the May 2019 release
- Microsoft kills off the book store you probably didn’t know it had
- Discless Xbox “Maverick” could arrive as soon as May
- Jetpack 7.1 Adds Feature Suggestions to Plugin Search Results
- How loud do you like your music?
- Parents charged in college cheating scam turn to consultant to understand prison life
- The uncertain future of shared electric scooters
- For some new users, Facebook asked for email passwords for “confirmation”
- Over 540 million Facebook records found on exposed AWS servers
- A 200-year-old guide to color, redesigned for the internet age
- Amazon reportedly removes the most obvious promotions for its private brands from search results
There was a really big visitor in the waters outside our office. Steven Spielberg’s yacht “The Seven Seas” was in town. Unfortunately I can’t confirm if he was on board. It was still quite a big boat to see!
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Foster D. Coburn III is author of 13 best-selling books on CorelDRAW and has been a contributor to numerous technology and graphics-related magazines. Foster has taken many projects, including this Web site, from the early design stage through to a finished piece. He has been a featured speaker at many graphics conferences. His first Web site was built in 1995 and he has been working exclusively in WordPress since 2013.