The Apple WWDC took place and that means we are overflowing with Apple news this week. As the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 nears, you’ll see more about it. This week, that means a new Lego set. The Nik Collection of Photoshop plugins lives again! Happy National Donut Day!!! These stories and many more are in the news this week. Click on the headlines below to get the full story.
Privacy and Security
- Google announces new privacy requirements for Chrome extensions
- Google holds firm on Chrome changes that may break ad blockers
- Microsoft’s BlueKeep Bug Isn’t Getting Patched Fast Enough
- Windows 10 security: Are ads in Microsoft’s own apps pushing fake malware alerts?
- Mozilla Firefox now stops websites, advertisers from tracking you
- DJI’s First Action Cam Has Two Screens and Rivals Any GoPro
***** Buy DJI Osmo on Amazon *****
- Microsoft shows off its ‘Centaurus’ dual-screen laptop ahead of Apple’s WWDC
- WWDC 2019: Apple’s new Mac Pro is a monster of a workstation
- The new Mac Pro makes its debut at WWDC 2019: Starts at $5,999, available fall 2019
- Deconstructing the base Mac Pro: Why is it so expensive?
- The Apple Watch Is Now the Control Center for Your Health
- Switching to Windows? These Are the Best Mac Alternatives
- Apple Watch gets its own App Store, independent apps
- Apple’s big watchOS 6 update focuses on building iPhone independence
- Apple’s iOS 13 will include a system-wide Dark Mode
- Apple will finally kill off iTunes in MacOS Catalina
- iTunes Is Dead. Let’s Pay Our Respects
- Apple killed iTunes. Here’s what happens to your music now
- Service Vulnerability: Four Popular Hosting Companies Fix NFS Permissions and Information Disclosure Problems
- Introducing the Wordfence Login Security Plugin
- Nik Collection 2 Has Arrived: 42 New Presets, RAW Workflow, and More
- New Mozilla Firefox logo arrives next week, but you can see it here now
- Power systems company to build world’s first 1 GW energy storage project in Utah
- Astounding AI Guesses What You Look Like Based on Your Voice
- Apple’s Biggest WWDC Announcements in Two Minutes or Less
- NASA research crew embarks on mock mission to Mars moon
- Ferrari’s Latest Goes 211 MPH With 986 HP—and It’s a Hybrid
- Apple isn’t a monopoly, Tim Cook says at WWDC
- Amazon’s helping police build a surveillance network with Ring doorbells
- Google offers new treasure trove of air quality data to researchers
- Bye-bye BBM: BlackBerry shuts down once-beloved messaging service
- iMessage to support profile photos — including your new Memoji personalized with makeup and accessories
- 5G is real and Verizon, EE and Sprint have the networks to prove it
- Amazon wants to buy Boost Mobile from Sprint and T-Mobile, report says
- How iOS 13 will make your battery last longer, but only if you have a newer, higher-priced iPhone
- LEGO released a new Apollo 11 Lunar Lander, and it looks pretty great
***** Get Lego Apollo 11 Lunar Lander on Amazon *****
***** Get Lego Saturn V Rocket on Amazon *****
- Why Are There Two National Doughnut Days? (NOTE: One is Today!)
- Why Women Are Called ‘Influencers’ and Men ‘Creators’
- Elton John Biopic ‘Rocketman’ Is A Surprising Song-And-Dance Spectacular
- Florida man wouldn’t flush. That’s when the police got involved
- Florida man calls 911 to brag about fleeing traffic stop, ‘what do we pay you guys for’
- He Was Looking for Opals. Instead He Found a New Dinosaur Species.
- Florida man pours salt in Walmart to get rid of evil spirits around him, sheriff says
- James Holzhauer Finally Lost Jeopardy!—How Did He Stack Up?
- What Does ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Actually Mean?
- White meat is just as bad for you as red beef when it comes to your cholesterol level, study says
- Florida Man Arrested For Covering Sleeping Girlfriend In Ketchup
- Amazon’s Prime Day is reportedly July 15, according to leaked PR email
- Jupiter Is About to Come So Close to Earth You Can See Its Moons With Binoculars: How and When to Watch
- Blowtorch-wielding Florida Man Tries to Steal ATM, Welds it Shut Instead
- Why does Facebook recommend friends I’ve never even met?
- Google buys Looker for $2.6 billion, aims to extend its analytics reach, support multiple clouds
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.