Viral FaceApp is evil! It is moon week and we’ve got it covered. Design covered from multiple angles. Twitter has a new look. These are just a few of the headlines covered in this week’s Tech News. Click on the headlines below to read the full stories.
You can read this post on the Web site!
Privacy and Security
- Viral App FaceApp Now Owns Access To More Than 150 Million People’s Faces And Names
- FaceApp: Myths and risks in app that gives you peek into older self
- Facebook reportedly gets a $5 billion slap on the wrist from the FTC
- US mayors resolve not to pay hackers over ransomware attacks
- 10 of the Greatest Gadget Flops Since the 1980’s
- The Snapdragon 855 is getting an upgrade to the Snapdragon 855+
- Dish’s AirTV launches an $80 streaming stick for accessing Sling TV, Netflix & broadcast channels
- Canon Will ‘Definitely’ Add IBIS to ‘Select’ DSLRs Soon: Report
- Nintendo Switch Lite vs. New Switch: How to choose
- Microsoft Releases Free RAW Image Viewer Extension for Windows 10
- Windows 10: Has Microsoft cleaned up its update mess? (Spoiler: no)
- Dropbox announces new integrations with audio, video and transcription tools
- 7 Principles of Risk Management for Running Successful Projects
- WordPress Download Manager: Plugin Overview and Review
- Why You Should Upgrade WordPress to PHP 7 Now Rather Than Later
- How much does a domain name cost?
- Using the Better Speed Plugin to Reduce WordPress Core Request Files
- Critical Vulnerability Patched in Ad Inserter Plugin
- Facebook Banner Dimensions and Cover Photo Best Practices
- Retro Comic Book Art: Using Ben Day Dots in Web Design
- How to Make a GIF in PhotoShop from Video
- 140,000 Visuals of Outer Space are Free to the Public in NASA’s Image Library
- Graphic Design Trends for 2019
- Amazon Gets U.S. Patent to Use Delivery Drones for Surveillance Service
- Amazon plans nationwide broadband—with both home and mobile service
- A national effort: Apollo 11 moon landing was made possible by 400,000 workers
- Why Dogs Now Play a Big Role in Human Cancer Research
- Going to the Moon Was Hard — But the Benefits Were Huge, for All of Us
- Apollo took us to the moon in 1969. Why haven’t we gone back?
- 50 years after Apollo 11: What really rocketed us to the moon
- Complete history of the Chevy Corvette, from 1953 to present
- No, 5G isn’t going to make your 4G LTE phone obsolete
- Drastically speed up your Android phone’s hotspot with this simple setting
- 5G is spotty now but will get so much better. Here’s why
- The Great Hack was one of the wildest movies I saw at Sundance
- Legal marijuana looks to be boosting snack sales
- Did the FDA Change Packaging Laws Because of the Blue Bell Ice Cream Licker?
- Found: 15 Wallets From the 1940s, Stolen and Stashed Behind a Bathroom Wall
- Two Dutch Shipwrecks From WWII Just Vanished Near Malaysia
- Amazon Prime Day evolves from goofy sideshow to Black Friday-esque phenom
- German Professor Who Is A Hardcore Star Wars Fan Has Just Repainted An Observatory Into R2-D2
- The Simple Idea Behind Einstein’s Greatest Discoveries
- The Painted Panoramas That Will Make You Yearn for Yosemite and Dream of Denali
- All 5,924 Places in Europe on One Map
- US Air Force stands ready to protect Area 51
- I lived like a moon astronaut and have the scars to prove it
- Apollo 11 anniversary: A quick guide to the first moon landing
- The Indigenous Tribes Fighting to Reclaim Stevia From Coca-Cola
- Some Edible Insects Beat Orange Juice and Olive Oil in Antioxidant Test
- The Tuscan Town Famous for Anarchists, Marble, and Lard
- The Story Behind the ‘Space Window’ at D.C.’s National Cathedral
- Twitter will start testing its ‘hide replies’ feature next week, in Canada
- YouTube is giving creators more ways to make money
- 10 Ways to Grow Your YouTube Channel Today
- Facebook Will Develop More Stand-Alone Apps Via Its New NPE Team
- #TwitterDown 2019: How did we ever survive?
- Ready or not, here comes the new Twitter
- The Inside Story of Twitter’s New Redesign
- Twitter Rolls Out a Desktop Redesign – Does it Live Up to the Hype?
- Instagram will now hide likes in 6 more countries
- YouTube cracks down on stream-ripping sites that pirate music
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Foster D. Coburn III is author of 13 best-selling books on CorelDRAW and has been a contributor to numerous technology and graphics-related magazines. Foster has taken many projects, including this Web site, from the early design stage through to a finished piece. He has been a featured speaker at many graphics conferences. His first Web site was built in 1995 and he has been working exclusively in WordPress since 2013.