Happy 50th birthday to the Internet! Do you need ear buds? There are several new options. How were magazines made before computers? Milk in bags? Facebook is in the news business again? These and many more headlines are available is this week’s Tech News. Click on a headline to get the full story!
You can read this post on the Web site!
Privacy and Security
- Man sues AT&T after fraudulent SIM swap led to $1.8M cryptocurrency theft
- Have Amazon Echo privacy fears? Here’s what you can do
- Microsoft finally built a repairable Surface Laptop
- Shower filters: How they work and why you should get one
***** Buy AquaBliss High Output Universal Shower Filter at Amazon *****
Editor’s Note: I bought this one a year ago and love it!
- Meet the new best Android TV device: The 2019 Nvidia Shield TV
***** Buy NVIDIA Shield TV Pro at Amazon *****
- Apple’s $249 AirPods Pro have noise cancellation, new design
***** Buy Apple Airpods Pro from Amazon *****
- 7 things I learned after my first day with the AirPods Pro
- Amazon Echo Buds review
***** Buy Amazon Echo Buds from Amazon *****
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 15-inch review
***** Buy Microsoft Surface 3 15-inch from Amazon *****
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro announced: Bigger display, DeX integration, affordable price
***** Buy Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro at Amazon *****
- Google search engine will better understand natural speech, not just keywords
- In 2019, multiple open source companies changed course—is it the right move?
- Avoiding speed traps: Google Maps on iPhone finally gets Waze’s most controversial feature
- I’m sick of Chrome eating all my RAM – it’s time for me to ditch it for Firefox… or even Edge
- Apple’s iOS 13.2 brings Deep Fusion, AirPods Pro compatibility
- Google workers sidestepping controversial Chrome tool spark security concerns
- How Magazine Pages Were Created Before Computers: A Veteran of the London Review of Books Demonstrates the Meticulous, Manual Process
- See NASA’s Mars 2020 Rover stands on its own legs for the first time
- Decade in tech: What stood out or fell flat in the 2010s
- Amazon’s next-day shipping ambitions are costing it a fortune
- Tesla’s Solar Roof V3 is here, but will you want one for your house?
- Google has made an offer to buy Fitbit: Report
- The internet was born 50 years ago with a nonsense message
- 50 years ago today, the Internet was born. Sort of
- HBO Max will launch in May in the US with 10,000 hours of shows, movies…and podcasts
- Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint partner to make text messaging as smart as iMessage
- Verizon brings its 5G service to Dallas and Omaha
- Google Fi will soon connect you to two LTE networks at once
- Samsung shows off foldable clamshell smartphone concept
- The Not-So-Mysterious Missing Grave of Blues Legend Robert Johnson
- Ollantaytambo Ruins: Preserved Inca city and site of the last Inca stronghold against the Spanish conquistadors
- Why Denmark Put a 120-Year-Old Lighthouse on Rollerblades
- Man kept getting drunk without drinking. Docs found brewer’s yeast in his guts
- This Map Lets You Plug in Your Address to See How It’s Changed Over the Past 750 Million Years
- The History of Candy Corn: Halloween’s Most Iconic and Reviled Treat
- The Valley of the Cheese of the Dead
- Milk in Bags, Explained
- Facebook News debuts as social network battles misinformation
- Mark Zuckerberg Predicts 30 Million People Will Want Facebook News
- Why the Facebook News tab shouldn’t be trusted
- Facebook staff demand Zuckerberg limit lies in politcal ads
- Facebook’s new health tool will remind you to get preventive care
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Foster D. Coburn III is author of 13 best-selling books on CorelDRAW and has been a contributor to numerous technology and graphics-related magazines. Foster has taken many projects, including this Web site, from the early design stage through to a finished piece. He has been a featured speaker at many graphics conferences. His first Web site was built in 1995 and he has been working exclusively in WordPress since 2013.