It’s time for the annual Consumer Electronics Show and that will kickstart news after the holiday slowdown. That doesn’t mean there isn’t any news right now. Setup a new PC or get into a locked Mac. Foldable phones are still new, but more are coming this year. Grow herbs in the fridge! These are just a few of this week’s headlines. Click on any of the headlines to read the full story!
You can read this post on the Web site!
Privacy and Security
- Exposed databases are as bad as data breaches, and they’re not going anywhere
- New privacy laws like CCPA could be headed to your state
- Chrome extension caught stealing crypto-wallet private keys
- Trump signs the TRACED Act, the first federal anti-robocall law
- Arlo Video Doorbell review: Arlo just ousted Nest as my favorite video doorbell
***** Get Arlo Video Doorbell at Amazon *****
- LG’s herb fridge is a full-size indoor farm
- You have a new PC or laptop. Here’s how to set it up the best way
- These US companies offered the highest pay for software engineers in 2019
- Forget the password to your Mac? Here’s how to get back in to your locked-down computer
- How a Cartographer Drew a Massive, Freehand Map of North America
- Why you should ditch New Year’s Resolutions for habit tracking in 2020
- Nerdy Craigslist founder wants to change the world — starting with your news
- Don’t believe everything you read on social media and 7 other tough lessons of the decade
- Climate change had a big year, from Greta Thunberg to Australia’s fires
- Data and analytics in 2020: Industry predictions
- Alex Honnold’s next big climb isn’t Free Solo, it’s free solar
- In the 5G race of 2019, consumers were the real losers
- A Verizon salesman says he’s had enough of selling iPhones and Samsungs
- Samsung’s next foldable phone: Rumors and leaks about its price, camera, screen and release date
- Six truths about your phone’s battery life: Overcharging, overheating, fast charging
- What to expect from phones in 2020: Foldable, 5G, killer cameras
- After Generations of Animal Sacrifice, Nepal Is Butchering Coconuts and Squash
- In Nome, Alaska, Santa Is a Gravedigger Named Paul
- CES 2020: Facebook, Twitter gear up for the world’s biggest tech show
- Facebook Messenger requires a Facebook account to sign up now
- For Facebook and Instagram, axing likes may not be about mental health after all
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Foster D. Coburn III is author of 13 best-selling books on CorelDRAW and has been a contributor to numerous technology and graphics-related magazines. Foster has taken many projects, including this Web site, from the early design stage through to a finished piece. He has been a featured speaker at many graphics conferences. His first Web site was built in 1995 and he has been working exclusively in WordPress since 2013.