During your time staying at home, are you finding ways to improve your design skills? I’m trying to balance my time between working on projects, learning new skills and still having a little fun. Below you’ll find a number of the stories I’ve found with useful information (and some fun). Click on a headline to get the full story.
Business and Marketing
- A Simple Guide to Getting Featured Snippets on Google
- Repurposing Content: How to Keep Your Marketing Pipeline Full
- 9 Employee Appreciation Gifts That Can Help Get Through Hard Times
- 30 Customer Service Books Everyone at Your Company Should Read
- 10 tactics to adapt your business for social distancing
- How to make it easy for customers to contact you
- 10 Top Sublime Text Packages for Web Developers
- How to Fix RSS Feed Errors in WordPress
- The Road Ahead: What’s in Store for WordPress for the Rest of 2020?
- Vulnerability Patched in Accordion Plugin
- Block-a-saurus Embeds a Side-Scrolling T-Rex Game via the Block Editor
- Web Developer vs Web Designer: Is There A Difference?
- Unpatched High-Severity Vulnerability in Widget Settings Importer/Exporter Plugin
- Gutenberg 7.9 Adds Gradients to More Blocks, Extra Typography Controls, and New Patterns
- The 11 Most Important Things To Do After Installing WordPress
- Leave at Door: New Free WooCommerce Plugin Enables Contact-free Delivery
- 10 tips for building a killer portfolio website
- Scientists Are Tracking the Ancient Luxury Market for Decorated Ostrich Eggs
- New Dune logo revealed (and don’t worry, they fixed it)
- 7 design exercises to keep your skills sharp
- Sony World Photography Awards Crowns the Best Single Images of 2019
- Do Countries Need Their Own Creative Directors?
- 4 lessons from the greatest illustrators ever
- How to take epic moon photos
- Bad logos project is brilliantly awful
- Iconic logos reimagined for the age of coronavirus
- Around the World in Pandemic Street Art
- Why Pinterest is the content marketing secret weapon
- Better Business Bureau warns about posting your senior picture in #Classof2020 Facebook challenge
- Instagram rival VSCO lays off 30% of staff to reduce reliance on outside capital
- Instagram adds stickers for local businesses to offer gift cards, delivery
- Facebook cancels large events through June 2021
- Long Before Tex-Mex, a 15,000-Year-Old Cuisine Left Its Mark
- Around the World in 6 Quarantine Pantries
If you see some important digital design news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Ales Nesetril