I hope all of you are staying healthy in these trying times. Beyond the pandemic, there were some other big stories this week. Sprint and T-Mobile are finally merged. Zoom has become a vital part of many working from home. You’ll find links to numerous stories on both. Of course there was a lot of other news so read the headlines and click on them to get the full story.
- Polaroid Now gives the classic instant camera a new look and lens
- Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 Will Both be Announced on Schedule: Report
- How to get the best battery life from your Windows or Mac laptop
Privacy and Security
- Hacker hijacks Microsoft YouTube accounts to broadcast crypto Ponzi scam
- Marriott discloses new data breach impacting 5.2 million hotel guests
- Content Delivery Networks and clouds join MANRS internet security effort
- Coronavirus scams have already cost consumers millions, FTC says
Coronavirus / COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Linux laptops and long hours helped this team switch 4,000 staff to home working
- Are the Great Outdoors Off-Limits During a Pandemic?
- Coronavirus stimulus scams are here. How to identify these new online and text attacks
- Coronavirus may permanently change how we buy our food
- How a smart ring may help detect early COVID-19 symptoms
- Coronavirus and your packages: What to do with your Amazon deliveries and mail
- Google to resume Chrome updates it paused last week due to COVID-19
- Zoom has been a chaotic beacon of light during the coronavirus lockdown
- Why are we all Zooming and not Skyping?
- 13 Zoom video chat tips, tricks and hidden features
- Using Zoom while working from home? Here are the privacy risks to watch out for
- Zoom 101: A starter guide for beginners, plus advanced tips and tricks for pros
- Don’t make all the same Zoom meeting mistakes the UK government did
- Zoombombing: What it is and how to prevent it in Zoom video chat
- Microsoft renames 365, throws in new Word, Excel features and more
- Microsoft rebrands Office 365 consumer subscriptions to M365; adds more new features for same price
- Microsoft outlines more new features coming to its Chromium-based Edge browser
- New Microsoft Edge helps with passwords, reading, research, copy and paste
- States of shock: Assessing the depths of our new tech recession
- FCC gives access to 5.9GHz spectrum for rural wireless broadband amid coronavirus pandemic
- Good news for parents: Spotify launches standalone app for kids in the U.S.
- Who needs a desk? How to avoid back pain when working from your table, bed and couch
- Nvidia, Intel’s new laptop chips and tech aim to improve gaming, video editing and more
- Meet the people who track and expose disinformation
- This weird new gadget stops Amazon’s Alexa spying on you
- Huawei P40 phones won’t have Google, but may rival the best cameras out there
- Apple might delay next big iPhone launch due to coronavirus, report says
- OnePlus 8 Pro will finally add wireless charging, IP68 water-resistance
- T-Mobile and Sprint are finally merging: What you need to know about the $26.5 billion deal
- T-Mobile’s Sprint deal gives US first look at a full 5G picture
- With the T-Mobile deal done, it’s time we say so long to Sprint
- Galaxy S20 Ultra takes great photos in the dark thanks to pixel binning
- FCC mandates robocall-fighting tech be in use by end of June 2021
- Census Day 2020: Armed with the iPhone 8, canvassers go all-in with tech
- Lose Yourself in a Mesmerizing, Meticulous Map of the Met
- Torre Argentina (Roman Cat Sanctuary): Hundreds of lucky felines haunt the ruins where Caesar was murdered.
- A man allegedly teaching his dog to drive was arrested after leading troopers on a high speed chase
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by NASA
Foster D. Coburn III is author of 13 best-selling books on CorelDRAW and has been a contributor to numerous technology and graphics-related magazines. Foster has taken many projects, including this Web site, from the early design stage through to a finished piece. He has been a featured speaker at many graphics conferences. His first Web site was built in 1995 and he has been working exclusively in WordPress since 2013.