PageRank, data analytics, WordPress custom fields, Google Web Stories, Wikipedia makeover, Instragram from desktop and deadly black licorice. Those are just some of the many stories covered in this week’s news. Read all the headlines below and click for the full stories.
Business and Marketing
- How to Disavow Backlinks to Your Website
- What is PageRank, How Does It Work, and Why Does It Matter?
- Just What is Data Analytics, Anyway?
- How to boost your career during a recession
- How to Determine The Value Of Your Digital Marketing
- Inventory management 101 for small businesses
- Pressable Managed WordPress Hosting: An Overview and Review
- How to Design Custom Image Overlays in Divi
- Download a FREE Blog Post Template for Divi’s Copywriter Layout Pack
- How to Emphasize Your Sticky Button in a Gorgeous CTA Section with Divi
- Download a FREE Global Presets Style Guide for Divi’s Life Coach Layout Pack
- The Essential Guide to WordPress Custom Fields
- Get a FREE Blog Post Template for Divi’s Cyber Security Layout Pack
- Download a FREE Header and Footer for Divi’s Painter Layout Pack
- Get a FREE Tarot Layout Pack for Divi
- WordPress Mobile Engineers Propose Dual Licensing Gutenberg under GPL v2.0 and MPL v2.0
- Critical Vulnerabilities Patched in XCloner Backup and Restore Plugin
- WordPress Contributors Debate Dashboard Notice for Upcoming Facebook oEmbed Provider Removal
- How To Best Optimize Your WordPress Website For SEO
- First Look at Twenty Twenty-One, WordPress’s Upcoming Default Theme
- Google Officially Releases Its Web Stories for WordPress Plugin
- PhotoPress Plugin Seeks to Revolutionize Photography for WordPress Users
- Fuxia Scholz First to Pass 100K Reputation Points on WordPress Stack Exchange
- How to Shoot ‘Water Hat’ Portraits On the Cheap
- Google’s bold new Gmail logo pushes the envelope
- Is this the most ingenious book cover design ever?
***** Get Dune at Amazon *****
***** Get The Left Hand of Darkness at Amazon *****
***** Get 2001: A Space Odyssey at Amazon *****
- Studio Ghibli releases free images from its most beloved films
- Are these stunning James Bond fan posters better than the originals?
- Wikipedia is getting its first redesign in a decade
- Corel Painter 2021: Transform your artwork with these powerful new AI tools
- How to Post to Instagram from Desktop on PC or Mac
- 7 Great Instagram Plugins for Sharing Your Feed
- Facebook prepared to restrict posts if US election gets extremely chaotic, report says
- Twitter says more people are reading articles before retweeting after testing new prompt
- LinkedIn unveils new look and messaging features, plans to release Stories globally
- Twitter’s changes since the June attack include requiring security keys
- Keep customers watching with IGTV for business
- Twitter warns of possible API keys leak
Food and Drink
- Lanzarote Wines: On an island’s moon-like terrain, grapevines creep out of ashen volcanic soil and create extraordinary elixirs.
- As Movie Theaters Struggle, Farmers Are Running Out of Room for Unsold Popcorn
- Inside the Arctic Greenhouses Where the Summer Sun Never Sets
- A Man Died From Eating Too Much Black Licorice—Here’s How That Can Happen
- Lindt Opened the World’s Largest Chocolate Museum in Switzerland, Complete With a 30-Foot-Tall Chocolate Fountain
- First Dunkin’ Donuts
- How a King’s Feast of Sturgeon Sank to the Bottom of the Baltic Sea
- The Ancient Art of Harvesting Fruit in the Desert
- The Scandalous Decision to Pickle Admiral Horatio Nelson in Brandy
- The Triumphant Return of France’s ‘Forgotten Vegetables’
If you see some important digital design news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Marvin Meyer