Monitors, headphones, Zoom anxiety, NFTs, Apple Watch tips, retro Mac icons, Pablo Escobear, bird poop and Indiana Jones. Those are just a few of the highlights covered in this week’s news. Read through the full list of headlines below and click for the full stories.
- Best 32-inch monitor deals: Six 4K UHD displays for under $425
***** Get LG 32UL500-W 32 Inch UHD at Amazon *****
***** Get Samsung 32 inch UJ59 4k monitor at Amazon *****
***** Get LG 32UD60-B 4K UHD FreeSync Monitor at Amazon *****
- MSI’s Color-Accurate Monitors Have Some Impressive Specs
- Mila hands-on: Much smarter (and pricier) than your average air purifier
***** Get Mila Smart Air Purifier at Amazon *****
- The best headphones for 2021
***** Get Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus at Amazon *****
***** Get Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones at Amazon *****
***** Get Apple AirPods Pro at Amazon *****
***** Get Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones 700 at Amazon *****
- Kensington StudioDock review: Unleash the iPad Pro with tons of ports
Privacy and Security
- This malware was written in an unusual programming language to stop it from being detected
- This trojan malware is now your biggest security headache
- FCC fines two Texas telemarketers $225 million for making 1 billion robocalls
Coronavirus / COVID-19
- Facebook will help you find and book a COVID-19 vaccination
- Streaming, shopping and delivery: Why COVID may have changed our habits forever
- Blue Screen of the day—update crashes Windows 10 PCs on print
- Google Maps update lets you draw in missing roads. Here’s how
- Google says Chrome 89 was built to save memory and load faster
- Google reverse image search for your phone or browser: How to do it and why
- Zoom anxiety is still a major problem, one year into the pandemic
- Zoom anxiety is real. Here’s how to combat it
- Dropbox: The new player in free password manager space
- You need to use Android Messages for Web to text through your laptop. Here’s how
- NFTs are both priceless and worthless
- GM unveils plans for lithium-metal batteries that could boost EV range
- Netflix ‘test’ pushes password sharers to get their own account
- US lawmakers introduce bill to make high-speed internet available to all
- How to change your IP address: 4 easy ways
- AT&T’s 5G network will be getting a boost later this year
- Mini will reportedly go all-electric by 2030
- Netflix vs. Disney Plus vs. HBO Max vs. Peacock vs. Paramount Plus vs. Discovery Plus
- 15 tips and tricks to master your Apple Watch
- Intel Core i9-11900K leads rollout of 11th-gen desktop chips
- NFTs don’t make sense but that won’t stop them
- Justin Long, aka ‘I’m a Mac’ guy, turns on Apple in new ads for Intel
- Verizon just spent $53 billion on radio airwaves: How they’ll boost its 5G network
- T-Mobile will start automatically enrolling customers in an ad targeting program
- Samsung’s A Series, perfect phones for pandemic times, get the spotlight at Unpacked
- These delightful iOS icons will turn your iPhone into a retro Mac
- New Galaxy Note might not happen this year, Samsung exec says
- 11 Things Found Buried Under Parking Lots
- Pablo Escobear: The True, and Tragic, Story of ‘Cocaine Bear’
- The Grand Canyon’s Caves Are Full of Sloth Dung and Mummified Bats
- Is This the End of Italy’s Iconic Valley of the Mills?
- What Happened to the White Dog Poop That Used to Be Everywhere?
- Why Do We Say ‘Cut to the Chase’?
- All four Indiana Jones movies are coming home in 4K on June 8th
***** Pre-order Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection at Amazon *****
- Is It Possible to Burp and Fart at the Same Time?
- Toy Story 4 Easter egg reveals Pixar’s (almost) disastrous mistake
- The Iceberg Trackers Keeping an Eye on the Ocean’s Behemoths
- 5 Fast Facts About the Arapaima, Florida’s Latest Potential Invasive Species
- Can Bird Poop Damage Cars?
- The U.S. Government Is Begging You to Destroy Moss Balls
- No Huskies, No Problem: These Unexpected Sled Dogs Have Serious Pull
- Why 10,000 steps a day isn’t enough to stay healthy
- Where Does the Term ‘Pushing the Envelope’ Come From?
- How a Secret Cold War Project Led to Signs of Ancient Life—and a New Warning About the Future
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Ramón Salinero