Matter platform, Pegasus spyware, Apple at home, Chrome 92, electric vehicles, iOS 14.7, Pixel 6, paper size and pop culture failures. Those are just a few of the headlines this week. You’ll also note we’ve made some design changes to help you find the sections easier. Throw in a big sale on our seamless textures and there is a lot in this week’s edition. Check it all out and click for more details.
If a discussed product is available on Amazon, a link to purchase at Amazon’s best price has been provided. Should you take advantage of these deals, we’ll receive a small commission from Amazon. Thank you in advance as these small amounts help us to keep providing you with great information.
- Best 75-inch TV for 2021
***** Get TCL 75-inch 6-Series 4K UHD at Amazon *****
- Amazon says most Echo speakers will support the Matter smart home platform
- Kaseya victim struggling with decryption after REvil goes dark
- Law firm for Ford, Boeing, Exxon, Marriott, Walgreens and more hacked in ransomware attack
- DOJ charges four members of Chinese government hacking group
- Pegasus spyware: What to know about the NSO Group software infecting phones
- Nasty Linux systemd security bug revealed
- We’re loving these Android 12 hidden features. You can use them, too
- Microsoft changes course, gives gamers a reason to stick with Windows 10
- Chrome 92 blocks phishing attacks faster and gets 3 other security protections
- Dropbox Improves Mobile Camera Uploads, Adds In-App File Conversion
- Zoom will let you play games during meetings, here’s how
- The new Anthony Bourdain documentary ‘Roadrunner’ leans partly on deepfaked audio
- Hubble Space Telescope lives: NASA gets backup hardware up and running
- The future of gas stations: Do EVs dismantle local pumps?
- GMC developing a second all-electric pickup
- Tesla Full Self-Driving subscription launches, but some owners are peeved
- How to change your IP address: 4 easy ways
- Stop living with a slow PC. Here are easy ways to speed up performance now
- Jeff Bezos rockets to the edge of space on Blue Origin’s first crewed flight
- After capturing first photo of a black hole, Event Horizon Telescope zooms in on a second
- Study suggests EVs really are cleaner than gas-powered cars over their lifespan
- More leaks suggest the next iPhone might have an always-on display
- How to turn off Find My iPhone
- Don’t make this common iPhone or Android mistake
- Pixel 6 rumors: Have you heard about Google’s Whitechapel chip yet?
- Apple releases iOS 14.7. Here’s what to know about the iPhone update
- Never forget that the world is a cat playing with Australia
- This Nighttime Drone Shot of a Futuristic City Is Actually a Sea Urchin
- Best clay bar for 2021
***** Get Adam’s Premium Clay Bar Mitt at Amazon *****
***** Get Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze Detailing Clay at Amazon *****
***** Get AutoCare Fine Grade Clay Bar Mitt at Amazon *****
***** Get Mothers 17240 Speed Clay 2.0 at Amazon *****
- 20 Common American Behaviors That Are Considered Rude Elsewhere Around the World
- Tiny Computers Reveal How Tahiti’s Tree Snails Evade a Fierce Predator
- Why Do We Say “PU” When Something Stinks?
- The Reason Why a Standard Piece of Paper Is 8.5 Inches by 11 Inches
- Genius illustrations reveal superheroes’ bathroom habits
- 20 Epic Fails From the History of Pop Culture
- TV Commercials Are Getting Much Louder—Here’s Why
- How Could a Crocodile Spend Years Cinched By a Tire?
- The 20 Best Bobs in History
- 30 Delightful Puns From the Victorian Era
- Poison Ivy Could Be Getting Itchier—Here’s Why
- Rome’s Accidental Lake Is an Urban Refuge and Catalyst for Activism
- Sun Glint, Bane of Scientists, Has a Silver Lining
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by NASA