M2 Macbook Pro, outdoor smart plugs, stolen SSNs, workout playlist, unbeatable games, solar prices, plasma ignition and sunscreen. Those are some of the more interesting topics covered in this week’s Tech News. Check out all the included stories below and click on a headline for the full story.
- Read this post on the Graphics Unleashed Web site!
- Read Web Design Solutions Digest for June 21, 2022 on Web Design Solutions Unleashed!
- As cryptocurrency tumbles, prices for new and used GPUs continue to fall
- TP-Link Archer AX21 Review: The Best Budget Wi-Fi 6 Router
***** Get TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router at Amazon *****
- Intel’s $153 Discrete Arc 3 Graphics Processor is Aimed at Creators
- New Philips Hue smart lights include its first portable rechargeable smart lamp
- Apple M2 MacBook Pro 13-Inch Review: Familiar Design, New M2 Chip
- Fitbit Challenges Samsung With New Sleep Analysis Feature
- The Best Outdoor Smart Plugs for 2022
***** Get Kasa Outdoor Smart Plug at Amazon *****
***** Get WeMo WiFi Smart Outdoor Plug at Amazon *****
***** Get Wyze Plug Outdoor at Amazon *****
- Stop Third-Party iPhone Apps From Accessing Your Data
- Firefox Total Cookie Protection Blocks Creepy Ad Trackers
- Mega says it can’t decrypt your files. New POC exploit shows otherwise
- Social Security Numbers Stolen in Flagstar Bank Data Breach
- CDC Recommends COVID Vaccines for Kids as Young as 6 Months Old
- The Science Behind a Good Workout Playlist: How to Pick the Right Music
- How to Work Out at Home: Tips, Equipment and Where to Find Exercises
- Microsoft’s Defender online security tool is now available to consumers
- New Google Maps Widget Brings Traffic Predictions to Your Home Screen
- A brief history of (unintentionally) unbeatable games
- Google Boosts Local News in Redesign as Governments Consider Big Tech Impact
- Your Router Is Probably in the Wrong Spot. Move It to Speed Up Your Wi-Fi
- Amazon Prime Day Dates Are Official, 48 Hours of ‘Lowest Prices Ever’ Start July 12
- Smartwatches Have Measured Blood Oxygen for Years. But Is This Useful?
- Senators Want US to Follow EU and Adopt a Common Charging Cable
- Meta Offers Look at What Might Follow the Quest 2 as It Pursues a VR Future
- US Residential Solar Has to Be More Affordable If We’re Going to Address Climate Change
- Enter the General Relativity Rabbit Hole: Unraveling Einstein’s Theory That Deconstructs Space and Time
- Why Canon is the Microsoft of the Camera World
- Amazon’s new pitch: let Alexa speak as your relatives from beyond the grave
- Intel’s new CPU could dethrone Apple’s M2 chip
- Picasso‘s favorite pigment may one day recycle metals from your cell phone
- Foldable Phones Are Having a Moment
- It’s National Selfie Day: This iPhone Camera Trick Automatically Improves Your Photos
- Nothing’s transparent Phone 1 won’t be coming to North America
- Ferrari says 60 percent of its lineup will be electrified by 2026
- This plasma ignition system can increase engine efficiency by 20%
- New EV vs. old beater: Which is better for the environment?
- Electric Van Company Goes Bankrupt, but the Idea Behind It Is Solid
- The driving enthusiast’s dilemma with electric cars
Each week we’ll share a meme that we find thought provoking or just plain funny.
- The Intriguing Life, Death, and Afterlife of an Indiana Mastodon
- What Are Those Plastic Arrows You Sometimes See on the Wheels of Trucks and Buses?
- The 15 Best-Selling Book Series of All Time
- What’s Up with Columbia, Maryland’s Quirky Street Names?
- Book Bans Are on the Rise, but Students Are Fighting Back
- Drip Pricing Is Costing You More Money: What Are These Sneaky Customer Fees?
- When Does Sunscreen Expire and Is It Safe to Use?
- Meet the King Cobra Rescue Team That Saves Both People and Snakes
- What Are the Odds of a Recession and How Much Will It Hurt? Your Questions Answered
- How Summer Storms and Other Bad Weather Can Affect Your Home Internet
- Tagging Along With Italy’s Unexploded Bomb–Hunters
- Why Do Tennis Crowds Have to Be So Quiet?
- The Spectacular Science of the Great Lakes’ Glowing Rocks
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by NASA