Fire 7, Oura Ring, TMO data breach, restful sleep, DuckDuckGo, 5G, leap second, Pixel 6a, robotaxi, pet photos and pickleball. Those are some of the top headlines in this week’s Tech News, but there are many more listed below. Check out all the news and click on a headline to get the full story.
- Read this post on the Graphics Unleashed Web site!
- Read Web Design Solutions Digest for July 26, 2022 on Web Design Solutions Unleashed!
- Lenovo Yoga 9i review: Possibly 2022’s best 2-in-1
- I dropped my AirPods Pro into my coffee. What I did next saved me $250
***** Get Apple AirPods Pro Wireless Earbuds with MagSafe Charging Case at Amazon *****
- Amazon Fire 7 (2022) review: Good enough for the basics
***** Get Fire 7 tablet at Amazon *****
- Anker’s third-gen GaN chargers have improved temperature monitoring
***** Get Anker USB C Charger, 735 Charger (Nano II 65W) at Amazon *****
- The third-gen Oura Ring can now measure the oxygen levels in your blood
- T-Mobile to pay $500M for one of the largest data breaches in US history
- Hardcoded password in Confluence app has been leaked on Twitter
- Amazon to Acquire One Medical in Major Boost to Its Health Care Business
- How to Exercise Safely in the Heat
- The Ultimate Guide to Health Tracking for Chronic Illnesses
- Restful Sleep: What Is It and How to Know if You’re Not Getting It
- Yes, Your Mattress and Pillows Could Be Sabotaging Your Sleep
- The Windows 11 taskbar is getting better for people who open tons of apps
- How to edit, sign or convert a PDF
- My Favorite Free Browser Extension Has Easily Saved Me Hundreds of Dollars
- 4 Annoying iOS 16 Features and How You Can Disable Them
- DuckDuckGo Should Be Your Go-To Search Engine. Here’s Why
- New Google Maps Feature Alerts Friends, Family When You Arrive Home Safely
- 5G Is Here, but This is What’s Missing
- Google Wallet rolls out to users, will live alongside Google Pay in the US
- Why Fiber Is the Key to Getting Faster 5G Everywhere
- Scientists Might’ve Solved the Mystery of Jupiter’s Frail Rings
- Global shortage of fiber optic cable threatens digital growth
- I Have 5G at Home, So Why Can’t I Get 5G Home Internet?
- Save Big on AC Costs With This Small Home Upgrade
- Why One Critical Second Can Wreak Havoc on the Internet
- Two of Europe’s biggest internet satellite companies are merging to take on Starlink
- Apple Navigated the Pandemic to Record Sales, Profits. Inflation May Change That
- Pixel 6a review: Half the price of Pixel 6 Pro, but just as good
- iPhone Storage Running Low? Try Tweaking These Settings
- Verizon Wireless Consumers Leave as Price Hikes Start Showing Up on Bills
- The one super simple but overlooked way to improve your iPhone photos
- RedMagic 7S Pro’s Most Impressive Feature May Be Its Hidden 16MP Selfie Camera
- Ford will use new battery tech to help it build 600,000 EVs per year
- The Cadillac Celestiq Show Car Is Worthy of the Flagship Moniker
- Baidu’s latest robotaxi has a removable steering wheel
- GM secures $2.5 billion government loan to build EV battery factories
- New Tesla Orders Will Require Subscription for Navigation After Eight Years
- Volkswagen begins ID.4 electric vehicle production in the US
- We test an electric Mercedes that can go 747 miles on a single charge
Each week we’ll share a meme that we find thought provoking or just plain funny.
- 26 of the Funniest Finalists in the 2022 Comedy Pet Photo Awards
- Did Khutulun and Other Warrior Women Actually Fight in the Mongol Army?
- What Does It Mean That Greenland Sharks Could Live for Hundreds of Years?
- This Abandoned Spanish Resort Is Still a Popular Vacation Destination
- NFL+ is here, but it’s probably not what you’re looking for
- 11 Wild Urban Legends Surrounding Popular Songs
- The 10 Best Classic Rock Songs to Fall Asleep to, According to Science
- Is the Silence of the Great Plains to Blame for ‘Prairie Madness’?
- Bill Gates Has Been Playing Pickleball 50 Years Longer Than the Rest of Us
- What’s the Biggest Bird in the World?
- The Toughest Mountain Bike Race in the World
- You’re Putting These House Plants in the Wrong Place
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Alexandre Debiève