Flashlights, iPad Pro, daylight savings time, tabbed File Explorer, Giphy, Starlink Aviation, Pixel Fold, eSIM, vampire autopsies and sad pumpkins. This week’s news covers a wide variety of topics with some special Halloween-themed content.
- Read this post on the Graphics Unleashed Web site!
- Read Web Design Solutions Digest for October 18, 2022 on Web Design Solutions Unleashed!
- Apple reportedly wants to turn the iPad into a smart display with a new dock
- What is the world’s brightest flashlight? The top contenders ranked by lumens
***** Get IMALENT MS18 Brightest Flashlight 100,000 Lumens at Amazon *****
***** Get Rechargeable Led Flashlight High Lumens at Amazon *****
- Apple’s new iPad Pro comes with the M2 chip, Apple Pencil updates
- Apple iPad Gets More Expensive, More Colorful; iPad Pro Adds M2 and 5G
- Linux dodges serious Wi-Fi security exploits
- How to recover data from an old laptop if you’ve forgotten the password
- Here’s How to Use Google’s New Privacy Tool to Scrub Your Personal Info From Search Results
- OnlyFans lawyers accidentally reveal which Meta execs allegedly took bribes
- Police Bust Car Theft Ring That Used Keyless Software to Steal Cars
- Say Goodbye to Microsoft Office and Hello to Microsoft 365
- Microsoft makes Tabbed File Explorer, additional Windows 11 22H2 features available in preview
- Meta Is Selling Giphy. It Doesn’t Have Much Choice
- Why iOS 16’s New Edit Text Message Feature Isn’t as Sneaky as You Thought
- Google’s iOS 16 lock screen widgets are now available
- Apple looks even more like a bank now that it’s adding a savings account to Apple Card
- Google Fiber is launching 5-gig and 8-gig plans early next year
- This tech CEO fired two engineers for having second full-time jobs, warns they’re part of a new trend
- The Mail Is About to Get Slower and More Expensive. Here’s What You Need to Know
- Netflix moochers can finally transfer their profile to a new account
- Amazon’s attrition costs $8 billion annually according to leaked documents. And it gets worse.
- Elon Musk: Starlink Aviation means internet in planes will feel the same as at home
- Comcast wanted $210,000 for Internet—so this man helped expand a co-op fiber ISP
- USB-C can hit 120Gbps with newly published USB4 Version 2.0 spec
- James Webb telescope captures Pillars of Creation in unprecedented detail
- I Spent $10K on DSLR Camera Gear. You Can Just Buy a Pixel 7 Pro
- Move Over, Google: Samsung Wants to Reinvent the Phone Call, Too
- Google Pixel Fold leak reveals key specs of firm’s first foldable phone
- Motorola’s Rollable Phone Concept Changes Size With the Press of a Button
- Report: Google ‘doubling down’ on Pixel with added focus on its own hardware as Samsung bleeds
- iPhone 14 Pro battery draining? Turning off ‘always-on’ display won’t help. Here’s what will
- Samsung Takes Top Spot in Smartphone Market, Analyst Says
- iPhone 14 Plus production halted, Apple to reassess demand, iPhone 15 Plus still planned
- I went all in on eSIM and I have regrets
- 2023 Polestar 3 Electric SUV Debuts with Groundbreaking Tech, Fabulous Style
- Sony and Honda will open pre-orders for their first EV in 2025
- The next Ford Mustang won’t be easy to tune; blame cybersecurity
- Rolls-Royce Spectre EV Is the Brand’s Most Important Car Yet
- 74% say connected cars and EV chargers need cybersecurity ratings
Each week we’ll share a meme that we find thought provoking or just plain funny.
- The Lesbian Vampire Story That Came Before Dracula
- Mapping the Many Monsters of Aboriginal Australian Lore
- Beware the Wendigo, the Frostbitten Flesheater of North America’s Chilly Heartland
- What’s Really Behind the Ghost Lights of Colorado’s Silver Cliff Cemetery?
- 7 Ghost Stories That Will Haunt You
- The Real-Life Vampire Autopsies of the Victorian Era
- The Spooky Science of Why Mirrors Can Freak Us Out So Much
- The Top 5 Dog Breeds a Veterinarian Would Choose
- Veterinarian Reveals the Five Dog Breeds He’d Never Choose
- Only You Can Prevent Sad Pumpkins
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Alexandre Debiève