Ryzen 7040U, surge protectors, juice jacking, loneliness, Windows 11 tricks, Motorola phone, Mustang Mach-E, chess pieces and tree eyes. Those are just a handful of the many headlines in this week’s news. Check out all the news below.
Yesterday was both Star Wars Day (May the Fourth Be With You) and World Password Day. I hope you had some Star Wars fun, but more importantly I do hope you’ve done something to strengthen the passwords you use. Today is Cinco de Mayo, the oft-misunderstood day. It is the anniversary of the day the Mexico defeated the French Army in the Battle of Puebla. It is not Mexican Independence Day and is rarely celebrated in Mexico. Enjoy some tacos, guacamole and a margarita in honor!
- Read this post on the Graphics Unleashed Web site!
- Read Web Design Solutions Digest for April 4, 2023 on Web Design Solutions Unleashed!
- Is this the ultimate wireless car charger? My iPhone tells me yes
***** Get ESR Magnetic Wireless Car Charging Set at Amazon *****
- Garmin Forerunner 965 Review: AMOLED Steals the Show
- The New Google Pixel Tablet: Another Android Attempt at an iPad-Killer
- OnePlus’ first tablet is for Android fans who secretly want an iPad
- The Pixel Watch Is a Good Start. Here’s What It Needs Next
- Microsoft-branded mice and keyboards are going away after 40 years
- MSI Cubi 5 12M Review
***** Get MSI Cubi 5 12M at Amazon *****
- Best Surge Protector of 2023
***** Get Tripp Lite 12 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip at Amazon *****
***** Get Belkin 8-Outlet Conserve Switch Surge Protector at Amazon *****
***** Get Accell Power Flexible Surge Protector and Power Conditioner at Amazon *****
***** Get Belkin Power Strip Surge Protector at Amazon *****
***** Get Amazon Basics Rotating 6-Outlet Surge Protector Wall Mount at Amazon *****
***** Get Anker Power Strip with USB C at Amazon *****
***** Get Accell Power Travel Surge Protector at Amazon *****
- AMD’s Ryzen 7040U chips promise speedier graphics for thin-and-light laptops
- AMD: New Ryzen 7040U Chips Can Best Intel’s Raptor Lake, Apple’s M2
- What Happens to Your Data When You Die?
- Password-Stealing MacOS KeyChain Malware Spotted for Sale on Telegram
- It’s Only May, But T-Mobile Has Already Been Hacked Twice This Year
- Apple and Google Team Up to Stop Unwanted Tracking by AirTags, Other Devices
- Geoffrey Hinton tells us why he’s now scared of the tech he helped build
- Go Passwordless: Google Accounts Now Support Passkey Sign-Ins
- Those scary warnings of juice jacking in airports and hotels? They’re mostly nonsense
- Beware the AI Scams: Meta Blocks 1,000+ Links Tied to ChatGPT-Themed Malware
- Headset Maker Says ‘Ransomware Time-Bomb’ Bricked Its Devices
- World Password Day: Why We’re Still Using Crackable Tech
- Sleep Hacks to Try When Your Allergies Flare Up
- The 6 Best Vitamins and Supplements for Joint Health
- Loneliness Is an ‘Epidemic,’ Surgeon General Says. Here’s What to Know
- Diagnosing deception: How doctors solved a woman’s dramatically faked condition
- New Alzheimer’s drug slows disease by a third
- The Scientific Reasons Why You’re a Mosquito Magnet: Blood Type, Odor and More
- Microsoft Is Ending Windows 10 Updates
- Microsoft: Sorry, But No More Feature Updates for Windows 10
- Lose Your Landline: The Best VoIP Home Phone Services
- How to Connect an iPhone to Windows 11
- 25 Windows 11 Tricks You Need to Know
- Alleged iOS 17 Wallet and Health App Redesigns Shown Off in Mockups
- ‘Godfather of AI’ quits Google with regrets and fears about his life’s work
- How To Write ChatGPT Prompts To Get The Best Results
- Chrome HTTPS Lock Icon Is Going Away
- Microsoft Decides Outlook, Teams Will Open Links Using Edge by Default
- Blue verified checkmarks are coming to Gmail
- Even Apple employees hate Siri and are skeptical of its future, new report says
- Is the Green Revolution Being Held Back by Red Tape?
- Amazon is developing an improved LLM to power Alexa
- 5 Ways to Detect Text Written by ChatGPT and Other AI Tools
- Farewell Core i Brand? Intel Confirms New Name in the Works
- Amazon’s Alexa is about to get a lot more capable, CEO says
- I Wish My Home Had a Webcam as Good as Logitech’s Project Ghost
- Amazon now has over 100 million Matter-enabled Echo devices
- Europe’s major satellite players line up to build Starlink competitor
- Should You Upgrade to the Galaxy S23 Ultra? How It Compares to Older Samsung Phones
- Samsung phone users need to know about this hidden photo-fixing feature
- Can a Flip Phone Make You Feel More Human?
- Motorola’s 3 New Phones Bring Upgrades and Price Drops
- Pixel Fold: Google’s Foldable Phone May Launch Next Week
- Phone feeling slower than usual? Don’t forget to do this regularly
- Can Motorola’s new $799 flagship phone entice enough Android users to make the switch?
- Daimler is setting up a $650 million charging network for commercial EVs
- A Fully Charged EV Battery in 5 Minutes? This Automaker Says It Has the Solution
- The 2023 Kia Niro EV is incredibly efficient and a great all-around car
- Unagi took one of the best e-scooters on the market and made it better
- Ford’s upgraded Mustang Mach-E offers more range at a lower price
Each week we’ll share a meme that we find thought provoking or just plain funny.
- How Did the Chess Pieces Get Their Names?
- Ranking the Pain of Stinging Insects, From ‘Spicy’ to ‘Shockingly Electric’
- Tree Eyes Can Help Us Find Our Way
- The 25 U.S. Cities Retirees Love Most
- Welcome to the Dark Side of Spring
- The Child-Eating Bunyip Haunts Australia’s Wetlands
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Photo by Alexandre Debiève