This week’s tech news was absolutely dominated by Facebook and Congressional testimony from Mark Zuckerberg. I’ve linked a number of related stories in this week’s Tech News. While there was other news this week, it just got overwhelmed by the Facebook news. This week I’ve published CorelDRAW 2018 is Now Available and Introducing CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2018. Things have changed in the End User License Agreement and I’ve outlined the biggest change later in today’s post.
- Facebook’s Surprising List Of Security “Fixes”
- Zuckerberg owns or clones most of the “8 social apps” he cites as competition
- 6 questions Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg still needs to answer
- As Mark Zuckerberg goes to Washington, three important questions for Facebook
- What Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg did and didn’t answer
- These high-profile users are quitting Facebook
- New business model? Pay $81 a year and get an ad-free Facebook
- Scientists May Have Finally Figured Out Why We Have Eyebrows
- Instagram traps data without a Download Your Information tool
- The Curious Afterlives of Hearses
- Apple says that new Mac Pro you wanted is coming … in 2019
- On Being a Giant
- The Tall Tales of Six Men Too Big for Basketball
- Chrome, Edge, Firefox user? Coming your way: New spec that cuts out passwords
- So 2 Goats Were Stuck On A Beam Under A Bridge …
- Amazon Key, Ring doorbells may become your new smart home BFFs
- The rise and demise of the AAirpass, American Airlines’ $250k lifetime ticket
- Welcome to the first “luxury space hotel” (which is more like a tiny, studio apartment shared by six people)
- A Man Ate the ‘World’s Hottest’ Pepper. Then the ‘Thunderclap’ Headaches Started
CorelDRAW 2018 End User Licensing Agreement Changes
It would brought to our attention that Corel made a change in their EULA with regards to the number of computers on which you can install CorelDRAW 2018. Previous versions allowed for as many as three installs as long as only one was in use at any time. I certainly installed it on my desktop and laptop so it was available on the computer I’d been using. You can read the full EULA at the link below.
The part about the number of installs is quoted below.
“YOU MAY ONLY DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE SOFTWARE ON ONE COMPUTING DEVICE. YOU MAY NOT RE-INSTALL THE SOFTWARE ON A SECOND COMPUTING DEVICE UNLESS THE ORIGINAL COMPUTING DEVICE FAILS OR THE SOFTWARE IS COMPLETELY DELETED FROM THE ORIGINAL COMPUTING DEVICE”
How do you feel about this change? Leave a comment on the blog post to let everyone know.
If you see some important tech news that you feel we should share with our readers, please let us know and we’ll consider including it in our next post.
Products from Amazon.com
Lux Products GEO-WH 7-Day Programmable Wi-Fi Thermostat, Works with Alexa, Geofencing Capable, WhitePrice: $94.97Was: $179.99
Price: Out of stock